19 replies to this topic

#1 Section C

Section C

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

Talking to a bloke last night who's brother is involved with running St Andrews BC in Greenock. He says Morton have approached them with a view to being 'official' feeder club for new Youth Academy from 2010. St Andrews claim to have 9 boys in 2001 and 2002 age groups that are already in youth academys at Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and St Midden. Also one boy at 11 just signed pro youth for Celtic. Don't know what they mean by feeder but St Andrews seem to be one of the most successful and respected Boys Clubs around the area. Shame if their best boysa re already with pro clubs elsewhere at only 8. Anyone heard anything about this?

#2 HMS Willow

HMS Willow

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,627 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:55 PM

I'm sure over the coming months there'll be a lot of clubs being approached about getting them involved in the new set-up.
Some sing of Celtic, Rangers
And some of Motherwell
Of Hibs and Partick Thistle
And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams
There’s one that they’ve forgotten
With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha
IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

#3 Joe1874

Joe1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE(HMS Willow @ Aug 9 2009, 01:55 PM)  
I'm sure over the coming months there'll be a lot of clubs being approached about getting them involved in the new set-up.

Nice quoting skills haha

#4 se65an

se65an

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE(Joe1874 @ Aug 9 2009, 01:56 PM)  
Nice quoting skills haha

laugh.gif

#5 Bryan

Bryan

Cobra Attack!!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

Nice quoting skills haha

ph34r.gif fixed
"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

#6 Joe1874

Joe1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(Bryan @ Aug 9 2009, 02:05 PM)  
ph34r.gif fixed

BOOOOO

#7 Bryan

Bryan

Cobra Attack!!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Joe1874 @ Aug 9 2009, 02:06 PM)  
BOOOOO

laugh.gif HMS Willow did quote the wrong thing tho
"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

#8 HMS Willow

HMS Willow

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,627 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

Nice quoting skills haha

QUOTE(se65an @ Aug 9 2009, 02:00 PM)  
laugh.gif

Brilliant, you had me totally confused, until i re-read my original post.

Bryan, thanks for fixing that.
Some sing of Celtic, Rangers
And some of Motherwell
Of Hibs and Partick Thistle
And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams
There’s one that they’ve forgotten
With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha
IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

#9 gmfc_stinny_gmfc

gmfc_stinny_gmfc

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(Section C @ Aug 9 2009, 01:20 PM)  
Talking to a bloke last night who's brother is involved with running St Andrews BC in Greenock. He says Morton have approached them with a view to being 'official' feeder club for new Youth Academy from 2010. St Andrews claim to have 9 boys in 2001 and 2002 age groups that are already in youth academys at Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and St Midden. Also one boy at 11 just signed pro youth for Celtic. Don't know what they mean by feeder but St Andrews seem to be one of the most successful and respected Boys Clubs around the area. Shame if their best boysa re already with pro clubs elsewhere at only 8. Anyone heard anything about this?

I have been saying for years that the 2 football clubs should try and work togeather.

Ever since i watched my nephew playing for St Andy's at just 8 years old i seen how good the coaches whhere and how good the team was even at that early age !....
My nephews team U11's won the glasgow rangers cup a few weeks ago( it was in the tele) and they even had an invite back up to murray park i think it was to replay the rangers youth again.

I dont know how well the older St Andys teams do ? but from what im seeing in the inder 11's then alot of the youngsters have a future in the game and i would be more than happy if a few of them where to wear the ton strip !

#10 El gofer

El gofer

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

Heard that the deal with malky thomson may fall thru and it is not his doing, or ddfr or stuart ...........

#11 Torro

Torro

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(El gofer @ Aug 18 2009, 06:51 PM)  
Heard that the deal with malky thomson may fall thru and it is not his doing, or ddfr or stuart ...........

Irons or Collins ...or authur montford or even Col. Mustard unsure.gif

#12 Spot Ton

Spot Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE(El gofer @ Aug 18 2009, 06:51 PM)  

Don't tell me, give me two guesses. Nah one will do it has to be our very own Karen Brady.

WE CAN NEED TO DO A LOT BETTER THAN THIS

#13 Malt

Malt

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:50 PM

Heard the deal fell through due to one of the management team. . . and it wasn't DI ph34r.gif

#14 Rasta Ton

Rasta Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:07 PM

Given that this was to my knowledge being set up by the input of the trust, what have the current management team got to do with the youth setup? I'm not a huge fan of over complicated setups but this is one benefit of a "director of football". Someone taking a long term view on the football side of things across the whole of the club and leaving the management team in charge of 1st team affairs, especially as they never seem to last more than two or three seasons anyway.
FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

#15 Cowshed Chris

Cowshed Chris

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Malt @ Aug 22 2009, 05:50 PM)  
Heard the deal fell through due to one of the management team. . . and it wasn't DI ph34r.gif

Whats the story here...?

TRUST THE DUFF

#16 kingtiffin

kingtiffin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

for your information the most succesful team in the area in the last 10 years is port glasgow boys club followed by
gourock yac . and the way morton have treated boys from these clubs in the past, you wont see any of these boys coming to morton . surprise surprise youth academy no more was there ever one or its it the usual dribble.????

#17 Rasta Ton

Rasta Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,601 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(kingtiffin @ Aug 23 2009, 11:11 PM)  
for your information the most succesful team in the area in the last 10 years is port glasgow boys club followed by
gourock yac . and the way morton have treated boys from these clubs in the past, you wont see any of these boys coming to morton . surprise surprise youth academy no more was there ever one or its it the usual dribble.????

They haven't said there will be no youth academy, there are rumours (nothing more) that Malky Thomson won't be heading it despite a press release by the club to the contrary.
FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

#18 Rodder

Rodder

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Section C @ Aug 9 2009, 01:20 PM)  

Just to add to that U11 and U14 keepers have just signed for St Mirren & Hamilton respectively.

Usually a feeder club would offer their best talent to their parent club ahead of any other club getting a look in.
Would probably work the other way with any boys being released by parent club being offered to the feeder club.

QUOTE(gmfc_stinny_gmfc @ Aug 9 2009, 06:48 PM)  
I have been saying for years that the 2 football clubs should try and work togeather.

Ever since i watched my nephew playing for St Andy's at just 8 years old i seen how good the coaches whhere and how good the team was even at that early age !....
My nephews team U11's won the glasgow rangers cup a few weeks ago( it was in the tele) and they even had an invite back up to murray park i think it was to replay the rangers youth again.

I dont know how well the older St Andys teams do ? but from what im seeing in the inder 11's then alot of the youngsters have a future in the game and i would be more than happy if a few of them where to wear the ton strip !

That will be this seasons U12's you are talking about. A very good team who went to Holland last season to compete in a tournament. They entered 2 teams who ended up coming 3rd and 4th out of 20 top teams.

Agent Provocateur

#19 El gofer

El gofer

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

Under 14s goalie was training with Hamilton since May so that was done before the link between Morton and them.

#20 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Not sure why folk are getting their knickers twisted on Morton having a feeder club. At the beginning of every season every boy is free to sign for whichever club they choose. Just because they played for a club at an earlier age group does not mean that club has any hold over them unless we are talking about a pro-yputh club.

More concerned if the man identified as HoY does not arrive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users