Photo

New Role At Morton

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#1 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

http://gmfc.net/2017...iaison-officer/

#2 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8022 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:24 PM

I can't think of a person better suited to the role than Jonathan Mitchell, but I suppose he can't fill both posts.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#3 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

I can't think of a person better suited to the role than Jonathan Mitchell, but I suppose he can't fill both posts.

I hear LinwoodTon has applied.

#4 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14196 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:46 PM

I hear LinwoodTon has applied.

I hear you're telling lies to your membership again.

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#5 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16520 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:54 PM

That's good. Morton are getting a lot of positive press these days. Improving communication with the support is a big step. Keep it coming.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#6 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6584 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

That's got port-ton written all over it.

Show Grasses The Red Dot.

#7 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3827 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

Scenes when Ed De Ball, Etta or Bawheid get it.

#8 TRVMP

TRVMP

Rocket Man! Sad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21031 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

It's got to be steve.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#9 9 Strathblane Crescent

9 Strathblane Crescent

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

I hear you're telling lies to your membership again.

You must be really thick to believe that lunatics rants. 🙄
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

#10 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4376 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:47 PM

That's got port-ton written all over it.

Or one of the Gillan's

Jesus

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#11 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14196 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

You must be really thick to believe that lunatics rants.

Ah, Mr Hucker. We don't see you on here nearly enough. 

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#12 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:42 PM

I'd want to be the highest paid person at the club to put up with you ****.
Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

#13 cappiecat

cappiecat

NUMPTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

It's got to be VT, we could chip in and pay him a wage.

HHkTu1F.jpg

#14 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6584 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'd want to be the highest paid person at the club to put up with you ****.

You wouldn't really though, would you? If the French day proved anything it's that you like the sound of your own voice and that the club think quite highly of you.

I see ToM mentioned the Gillans- much as you're not my cup of tea, at least you're not a walking, talking disaster like Scott. The club would have someone they're familiar with and you'd have something to massage your ego- win win imho.

#15 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

You wouldn't really though, would you? If the French day proved anything it's that you like the sound of your own voice and that the club think quite highly of you.

I see ToM mentioned the Gillans- much as you're not my cup of tea, at least you're not a walking, talking disaster like Scott. The club would have someone they're familiar with and you'd have something to massage your ego- win win imho.

Aye that one day in my early 20s means I'm best friends with those in charge of the club and that I've charged forward in my career as an event planner.

When I get the job though I'll make sure I write a gold encrusted personal letter for someone of your standing within the support when the club decide to schedule a game when you're away on Scotland supporting duty without considering your feelings.
Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

#16 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6584 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:23 PM

Aye that one day in my early 20s means I'm best friends with those in charge of the club and that I've charged forward in my career as an event planner.

When I get the job though I'll make sure I write a gold encrusted personal letter for someone of your standing within the support when the club decide to schedule a game when you're away on Scotland supporting duty without considering your feelings.

I'm paying you a compliment here. Why wouldn't you be pleased about someone recommending you for a position?

#17 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

I'm paying you a compliment here. Why wouldn't you be pleased about someone recommending you for a position?

Because you don't know me other than something I did God knows how many years ago when i was practically a kid and there's no job I'd enjoy less than the role they're offering, especially on a volunteer basis.

Throw cash at me and I'll consider it though.

#18 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6584 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

Because you don't know me other than something I did God knows how many years ago when i was practically a kid and there's no job I'd enjoy less than the role they're offering, especially on a volunteer basis.

Throw cash at me and I'll consider it though.

I'd say we probably know each other better than we'd admit from posting on here and Pie and Bovril for the last x amount of years. My post was nothing about the money, it was about the suitability of candidate- from what I know of you, you fit the bill. Might look good on a CV though.

If you do consider it though, I reckon about 50-100 Morton fans who would've been at Dumbarton in November were at Wembley that weekend. I didn't hear too many complaints as it's something we're used to now, but it might be something to speak to the club about. Cheers :).

#19 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:48 PM

I'd say we probably know each other better than we'd admit from posting on here and Pie and Bovril for the last x amount of years. My post was nothing about the money, it was about the suitability of candidate- from what I know of you, you fit the bill. Might look good on a CV though.

If you do consider it though, I reckon about 50-100 Morton fans who would've been at Dumbarton in November were at Wembley that weekend. I didn't hear too many complaints as it's something we're used to now, but it might be something to speak to the club about. Cheers :).

I must not be accustomed to you being nice. It suits you.

I'll make sure to mention it, but I'm eyeing a place in the board so I'll wait until I have more pulling power.

#20 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16397 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

I always thought you were around 27/28 at the time tbh.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#21 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

I always thought you were around 27/28 at the time tbh.

I'm only 29 now and that must have been at least 5/6 years ago now surely. Feels like a lifetime ago. I was just a kid still living with my parents etc and knew nothing of the world or the cruelty in it.

It did get me a place on the morton supporters trust board though before I moved away to Glasgow, so I'm practically best friends with Nick. We go on picnics together and bathe Deego together weekly.

Edited by port-ton, 11 January 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#22 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6584 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:08 PM

I must not be accustomed to you being nice. It suits you.

I'll make sure to mention it, but I'm eyeing a place in the board so I'll wait until I have more pulling power.

I merely want the correct people in place- don't let me down as I don't want another TOMB scenario.

It's cool about the international clashes, I'll sit tight until you get your place on the board. Remember though, it took Nick a good few years of working in hospitality before he got his seat. Small steps, but this is a far more attractive option for you.

#23 cappiecat

cappiecat

NUMPTY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3816 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

I was just a kid still living with my parents etc and knew nothing of the world or the cruelty in it.

HHkTu1F.jpg

#24 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8550 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

I merely want the correct people in place- don't let me down as I don't want another TOMB scenario.

It's cool about the international clashes, I'll sit tight until you get your place on the board. Remember though, it took Nick a good few years of working in hospitality before he got his seat. Small steps, but this is a far more attractive option for you.

I'll make you a reference on my CV.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this club proud again. If that means making the teas and coffee for 10 years then i'lloris quit my job right now to do it for free.

#25 TRVMP

TRVMP

Rocket Man! Sad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21031 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

The best part tbh is that Fred isn't even French. I doubt he gives the slightest **** about France or the French flag. Still, nice gesture, and congratulations to my alias port-ton on his/my new role.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?