200 replies to this topic

#176 Cet Homme Charmant

Cet Homme Charmant

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11773 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:33 PM

Folk are kidding themselves if they're trying to excuse the penalty as anything other than a dive. 

We had a stonewaller denied not long after it, so balances out in the long run.

Don't suppose the Dumbarton fans quite see it that way though.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant, 08 January 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#177 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

I thought Forbes was popping up everywhere yesterday. The guy is just a good footballer.

#178 Moniton

Moniton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

Folk are kidding themselves if they're trying to excuse the penalty as anything other than a dive.

It wasn't a penalty OR a dive.

#179 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16154 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hmm. I think without the tinted specs it would be hard to see it that way. We should have had another penalty after it anyway so I'm not that bothered about it when we actually get a decision our way for a change. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

kenmasters.jpg

#180 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

It was a penalty, we scored it.

#181 cornbeef

cornbeef

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4498 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

Was a bit disappointed that Lamie was left out totally yesterday (was he injured ?) Especially with him being a fledgling goal machine as well. I like Kilday well enough but he was definitely ring rusty yesterday. Needs to get back to his game for next week, if selected.

#182 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5454 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:38 PM

Was a bit disappointed that Lamie was left out totally yesterday (was he injured ?) Especially with him being a fledgling goal machine as well. I like Kilday well enough but he was definitely ring rusty yesterday. Needs to get back to his game for next week, if selected.

I assumed he was injured as he wasn't even on the bench. Could be wrong though!
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#183 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2306 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:40 PM

You would have to assume he was unavailable. No way he wouldn't even have been on the bench otherwise.

#184 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5696 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:43 PM

WTF!?!

Y'see, that's the problem with equality, the modern male, craft beer and other political correctness madness - it could lead to effeminate guys discussing another's rusty ringpiece.

FCUM forum for this pish.
Posted Image

#185 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3506 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

Injured in training on Friday, apparently

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#186 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5696 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Injured in training on Friday, apparently

We can't blame that on Dean Keenan or Michael Gardyne, they left several years back now.
Posted Image

#187 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16498 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

He told someone on Twitter he was injured.

On the subject of our centre backs... anyone else think O'Ware really grew into the captain's role while Kilday was out? Going on Kilday's performance on Saturday it almost seemed a bit daft that he was wearing the armband. I guess it doesn't matter too much, more just an observation than anything.

#188 jimbobton

jimbobton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1610 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

He told someone on Twitter he was injured.
On the subject of our centre backs... anyone else think O'Ware really grew into the captain's role while Kilday was out? Going on Kilday's performance on Saturday it almost seemed a bit daft that he was wearing the armband. I guess it doesn't matter too much, more just an observation than anything.

Agreed
That was in no way a captains performance

#189 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16078 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:10 PM

Sir Gavin was the inspirational leader of the defence, regardless of who wore the armband. That leadership was clearly lacking at times yesterday, but it'll just take time for the defence to adjust to the Post-Sir Gavin Era

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#190 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Agreed on all points.Sorely missed but we will get it sorted out.

#191 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4165 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:16 PM

Agreed
That was in no way a captains performance

There's no such thing as a captains performance. Being a captain is more about how they are around the squad and the influence a player has.

Anyway, he's just come back from injury and hasn't played for a while so it's understandable that he didn't have the best of games.

#192 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16154 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

O'Ware has been outstanding this season and not just for the goals. He looks like a real leader on the park. That's a good thing anyway, doesn't matter who wears the wee band on their arm.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

kenmasters.jpg

#193 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2499 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

Sigh https://t.co/tppNSdCDE6

#194 Specto

Specto

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

You can clearly see contact and his ankle moves slightly although it doesn't look like a deliberate foul.

#195 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16078 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

A foul doesn't have to be 'deliberate' in order to be penalised. The player was tripped when running onto the ball in the box due to the clumsy positioning of an opponent: that is a penalty.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#196 IainMorton

IainMorton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8870 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

We've had plenty of poor decisions go against us recently (Oliver in Paisley for one), it's time something like that went our way!!

#197 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16154 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

I didn't hear about the gutter press sniping on the referee from the scum game the way they are with Nesbitt. You can guarantee had it been a 'high profile' (see: Celtic v Sevco) game then that clown would've been slaughtered by the red top media.

**** them. Dunno why anyone reads that s***e anyway.

Edited by GiGi, 10 January 2017 - 04:13 PM.

kenmasters.jpg

#198 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16154 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:14 PM

I'll just add to that I'm a hypocrite since I had a go at a Boyd article in the Sun last week but that was 2nd hand info. Still a rag.

kenmasters.jpg

#199 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16078 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

We've had plenty of poor decisions go against us recently (Oliver in Paisley for one), it's time something like that went our way!!

Something like what? It's a correct decision. 

#200 Hej

Hej

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:18 PM

It's never, ever a dive. You can ever hear his heel being clipped in the video. Dreadful from The Sun yet again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users