698 replies to this topic

#651 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13281 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

Raith's downward spiral continues which is pleasing. They were saying on the radio that they started really well but fell to pieces when Ryan Stevenson went off to be replaced by McManus.

Huge game next week - a win and we could end up with a 9 point cushion in the race for a playoff place.

Not quite, Dunfermline should get an uncontested three points next week to leapfrog Raith and stay seven points behind.

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#652 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:07 PM

Fair point. Still expect Raith to be the main challenger come the end of the season so would be good to push them back further.

#653 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:35 PM

Fair point. Still expect Raith to be the main challenger come the end of the season so would be good to push them back further.

No chance, Raith are on the slide.
Hibs will run away with the title now, it'll be between Utd, us, Falkirk and Dunfermline for the play off places.

#654 centralTON

centralTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3945 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:40 PM

^^^This

#655 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18925 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Hibs will run away with the title now, it'll be between Utd, us, Falkirk and Dunfermline for the play off places.

Agree totally with this UNLESS there's some seriously crazy transfers to keep Raith in play and/or derail the other teams listed.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#656 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16431 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

Some bizarre goalkeeping from Cuthbert for a couple of the goals, can't see any deflections.

#657 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15920 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:45 AM

David Irons' fault again IMO

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#658 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7631 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Agree totally with this UNLESS there's some seriously crazy transfers to keep Raith in play and/or derail the other teams listed.

Locke's already gone over budget with a ridiculously large squad - they've got about 25 first team players - so it's unlikely they'll be bringing anyone else in. They're done.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#659 The Bewilderedbeast

The Bewilderedbeast

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5591 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Locke's already gone over budget with a ridiculously large squad - they've got about 25 first team players - so it's unlikely they'll be bringing anyone else in. They're done.

Heard him on sportsound on the way back from the game yesterday, he confirmed that he'd spent their budget and there would be no more signings.

φέρει στο Μίρεν st

#660 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

Heard him on sportsound on the way back from the game yesterday, he confirmed that he'd spent their budget and there would be no more signings.

He also should be Kicked out the game for his pre-match wisdom that said 'It's hard with the quality of the teams at the top. Hibs and Dundee Utd are definitely SPFL teams.'

Erm, so is your club you buffoon. Anyone who gets terminology wrong like that nowadays deserves to get in the sea never to return.

#661 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

He also should be Kicked out the game for his pre-match wisdom that said 'It's hard with the quality of the teams at the top. Hibs and Dundee Utd are definitely SPFL teams.'

Erm, so is your club you buffoon. Anyone who gets terminology wrong like that nowadays deserves to get in the sea never to return.

So many retards in Scottish football that still refer to the SPL, and think that the SPFL is the top league.

#662 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

http://www.heraldsco...of_this_season/

Good feature on us in the Herald. No doubt get humped on Saturday now :lol: 

#663 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3351 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

I genuinely ****ing hate Raith, so I hope it's not against them.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#664 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

The last game in the full year without defeat at home in the league is against the Skunks on 25th March.  :unsure:

#665 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

I genuinely ****ing hate Raith, so I hope it's not against them.

Especially when they were actually the last team to beat us at home back in March last year.

#666 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

Good feature. I prefer to say we are undefeated in ALL competitions at home since way back then, not just League games.

Unbelievable record.

#667 Madton

Madton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

I don't think you can rule out Raith or even Queen of the South just yet. 

If Raith beat us on Sat, they are only 3 points behind us. Queens are only 6 points off a play off, despite going months and months without a win. Their win on Sat and a few new players might make them kick on again.

Its amazing what a couple of consecutive wins can do- Who would have thought Dunfermline would be in the mix a month ago.

We are doing consistently well, but you need to expect a dip in form at some point and our position could look very different if we went 4 or 5 without a win. Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith and Queens have all had a dip( some bigger than others).

7 points separating 5 teams is not a lot with 16 games left.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

#668 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

We just need to keep winning and keep looking up.

Need a striker though.

#669 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13281 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:08 AM

I don't think you can rule out Raith or even Queen of the South just yet. 

If Raith beat us on Sat, they are only 3 points behind us. Queens are only 6 points off a play off, despite going months and months without a win. Their win on Sat and a few new players might make them kick on again.

Its amazing what a couple of consecutive wins can do- Who would have thought Dunfermline would be in the mix a month ago.

We are doing consistently well, but you need to expect a dip in form at some point and our position could look very different if we went 4 or 5 without a win. Falkirk, Dunfermline, Raith and Queens have all had a dip( some bigger than others).

7 points separating 5 teams is not a lot with 16 games left.

You could say we've already had two dips in form. No wins in the first five games and, before Saturday, one win in five.

#670 Madton

Madton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

You could say we've already had two dips in form. No wins in the first five games and, before Saturday, one win in five.

Yeah i know what you mean, but we still only had 1 defeat and picked up 6 points in those 5 games.

I obviously hope we don't have it, but i mean a 1 or 2 points in 4/5 games type run which would really pull us back to the chasing pack.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

#671 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

With the 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw fans can be really chuffed about their team being unbeaten in, say five games in which they have only got five points, whereas if they get stuffed in two and win three they get nine points. To do well a team needs to win games. Perfect saturday; we win and all other teams draw.

#672 TaunTon

TaunTon

Luckless pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7086 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

Draws are almost as bad as defeats in the chase for a play off place and our lack of a reliable goal scorer could end a promising season. ToW heroics welcome as they are, can't be a substitute for a functioning forward line.

Duffy's got a tough test ahead and needs a bit of good fortune in landing the right guy.

#673 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15920 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

We should have already been in the market for a first team striker before Quitongo's injury after which it must have taken top priority since (a month ago). We've also cleared the decks with four players leaving so funds are now available for the right player.

There can be no credible excuses in the (unlikely IMO) case of failure then: bad luck certainly won't do the job.

Edited by vikingTON, 09 January 2017 - 03:24 PM.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#674 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:21 PM

St Mirren sign Loy and some Norwegian midfielder from Byrne FK? Sure he'll tear it up :o

#675 Tubes

Tubes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

St Mirren sign Loy and some Norwegian midfielder from Byrne FK? Sure he'll tear it up :o

Byrne FK were relegated last season. Definetly a good omen for the Skunks! 😂

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users