Photo

Squad For Next Season.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4567 replies to this topic

#3951 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Yeah I'd agree Duffy is a complete gent whenever he's speaking to the media and in person. Always very honest. Compare him to the arsehole we had employed before him who talked the biggest load of s***e ever and ended up getting a sick note so he didn't need to do anymore interviews with the press. Night and Day difference.

#3952 Maximusprimes

Maximusprimes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

The woman talking in that interview does not have a ****ing scooby what she's on about. Definition of a word salad

#3953 TRVMP

TRVMP

Keeping score on the 38th

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20459 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:20 PM

It's worth noting that whether you're a morton fan or anot opposition fan there's no denying that Duffy is the so soundest manager in the league. He's always fair and unbiased and acts with class at all times.

When you think back to some of the unwarranted abuse when it was way above normal criticism that he took it makes me feel a bit ashamed and guilty for my own part in it during his first season.

Same here.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#3954 TaunTon

TaunTon

Luckless pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7577 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

Same here.

Not quite. I thought Duffy's first season was a real mixed bag and he was certainly worthy of serious criticism on a number of occasions. However it is fair to say he has conducted himself very well and his ethos of improving fairly young inexperienced guys is worthy of respect. He has managed to do what no recent Morton manager has done in terms of fostering a real all in it together attitude.

Before him I had spent years hating more Ton players than I liked.

#3955 Cet Homme Charmant

Cet Homme Charmant

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11935 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Not quite. I thought Duffy's first season was a real mixed bag and he was certainly worthy of serious criticism on a number of occasions. 

First half was certainly dodgy, weren't we 2nd or 3rd at Christmas 2014? But since then there's been steady and consistent improvement, can't ask for more than that.

#3956 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20459 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

It's true we were sitting fourth at one stage and losing to a lot of dung outfits but sometimes it got needlessly personal and I was one of the ones guilty of that.

I have no problem at all getting personal if it's a total snake (McInally, Fitzpatrick, Wallace, Grady, God the list is virtually endless) but simply managing or playing poorly doesn't make one a snake.

Do you like Abba?

#3957 Alibi

Alibi

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11939 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:05 PM

I think too much wàs expected of Duffy in too short a timescale. He has achieved a lot in terms of improving the club and the team. It's unfortunate that since Bosman it has to be re-done every couple of years. However with a playoff finish we should be able to attract better players than has been the case in the past few years.
"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

#3958 steveoath

steveoath

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Shankland to relegate St mirren on march 25th. That would be glorious.
MORTON - NEWCASTLE

#3959 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3546 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

If he does well here, there's a decent chance we could sign him permanently in the summer, that's worth noting.

#3960 jimbobton

jimbobton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1795 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

The three games we've seen St Mirren they've created virtually nothing, including not taking a save out of Gaston against 10 men. A striker can't be reliably judged in a team performing that poorly.
A penalty box player, which we don't have, offers the option to mix up up our play a bit. It also might work out to be the type of player Scullion will get the best from, and vice versa.
Quitongo/Nesbitt and Oliver to run the legs off defenders on the counter attack. Shankland and Scullion for the more patient build up approach. I could be talking s***e though...
Oyenuga in charge of the CDs in the dressing room.

Ouch that's cruel :)

#3961 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20459 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

I know, who still uses CDs, at least get him a Bluetooth speaker for his phone.

Do you like Abba?

#3962 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2792 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:17 PM

Ouch that's cruel :)

Indeed. What's big Lamie done to get dumped from being the Team DJ?

#3963 AJCTON

AJCTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3938 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

whilst shankland aint a world beater he is a good signing. he was obviously out of favour at midden but i think a fresh start is exactly what he needs, loy has scored 12 goals since he went to dundee, shankland scored 10 for midden last season. granted shakland is only 21 but loy is hardly a fossil. I do however believe that duffy knows what he needs and who can provide it better than us. I just think of forbes and barrowman and i know all will be good. I do have faith in the duff

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

#3964 M4RKO

M4RKO

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

I know, who still uses CDs, at least get him a Bluetooth speaker for his phone.

Another draw back of the Raes I'm afraid, it was McInally that pushed for CDs.

#3965 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20459 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

Another draw back of the Raes I'm afraid, it was McInally that pushed for CDs.

The damage that snake wrought on this once-proud club is felt to this day.

Do you like Abba?

#3966 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16438 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

Community initiative to bring mixing decks to the home dressing home. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#3967 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20459 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:38 AM

JACK ROSS

JACK ROSS

JACK ROSS SELLS AVON

Do you like Abba?

#3968 M4RKO

M4RKO

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2103 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:09 AM

The damage that snake wrought on this once-proud club is felt to this day.

It was Mark Pickering's old car school tapes before that. Their faces when Wee Chrissy Millar turned up with the Basement Jaxx CD...

#3969 regnor

regnor

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

Interesting article on Quitongo's proposed move to Doncaster earlier in the season:

http://www.southyork...tongo-1-8328680

“At the time we felt he had real potential, which he has. But the boy wasn’t keen on coming down to England.

“It’s through no fault of our own, just the boy decided he was a bit young to come all the way down to England.”

#3970 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:45 AM

Interesting article on Quitongo's proposed move to Doncaster earlier in the season:

Hmmmmm. The article says it was rejected but also he didn't want to come. Which was it? I've never really been impressed with what Ferguson has to say so would take his comments with a pinch of salt.

#3971 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Hmmmmm. The article says it was rejected but also he didn't want to come. Which was it? I've never really been impressed with what Ferguson has to say so would take his comments with a pinch of salt.

I'd imagine that the deal was rejected because the offer made was way below his value. Why would he sign for Doncaster when he knows he's making a good impression and that bigger clubs would likely take an interest in him? :lol: 

#3972 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4325 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Just on Shankland I actually think he'll be a good signing. He's a young player who Aberdeen have kept hold of and has under 21 caps so obviously has potential.

The problem for him has been playing in a poor team with a change of managers so with the morale at morton and better players around him I think we'll get the best of him.

#3973 k-ton

k-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

Could be both  - they make an offer which we'd reject due to undervaluing him, but at the same time he says "I'm not going to those diddies" and so they don't come back in with an offer than would meet our expectations.

The famous man looked at the red cup.

#3974 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4092 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:23 AM

When theres talk of Crystal Palace and West Ham, is it any wonder he didn't want to go to Doncaster. Not to mention he'd be working under a complete bellend

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#3975 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16813 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Just on Shankland I actually think he'll be a good signing. He's a young player who Aberdeen have kept hold of and has under 21 caps so obviously has potential.

The problem for him has been playing in a poor team with a change of managers so with the morale at morton and better players around him I think we'll get the best of him.

We've already got a team stacked with young players and 'potential' isn't particularly relevant to a six-month loan signing for the first-team. His problem of late hasn't in fact been playing for that gormless rabble, but warming their bench having not played well enough to start for the worst team in the division. Which is not exactly ideal, given that we need this signing to have an impact on our much, much better first team now.

We need to add proven quality - some leadership experience wouldn't go amiss either - to the first team in this window to sustain a credible promotion push. This signing doesn't tick either box, and if the rest of our business amounts to replacing McNeil with a backup goalkeeper then we'd emerge from the transfer window with a poorer side than we entered it with.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are