402 replies to this topic

#301 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

So true. I assume Oliver was onside from the ball from Scully that led to the goal. If not, then that hounding definitely affected his decision. He wouldn't have dared give a marginal against us.

#302 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15935 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Oliver was well onside for the winning goal: they pressed very high but the two right-sided defenders sat a few yards too deep and Scullion did very well to punish them for it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#303 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Perfect. Thought as much.

#304 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

https://youtu.be/CoVORhP9h3Q

#305 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

https://youtu.be/CoVORhP9h3Q

How the feck was that disallowed? :lol:

That's a penalty on Harkins as well IMO.

#306 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

Cheers for the link.

I think McNeil could have done better for the goal. Seems a bit slow adjusting his feet and getting down to the ball.

I'm not convinced by him.

#307 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:45 PM

Although that said, what the f*ck was Forbes doing?

In contrast, the sliding challenge from Lindsay just before it summed up his day.

#308 Bawheid

Bawheid

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8912 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

The "committee " always wins. BOOOOOOOOO
eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

#309 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:55 PM

He done well to win the corner that resulted in our equaliser.

Having now seen this, I'll take that as an off day anytime. He barely had the right to win that ball, but not only did it, but took it to the by-line, skinned his man, got into the box, and then won a corner. He's going to be a huge miss. I can't believe I didn't rate him at first, he's first-rate.

Anyway, disallowed goal looked correct to me, Jai seemed to duck to avoid the ball (correct decision from him, not a criticism), Tam caught napping at their goal but more than redeemed himself with his bullet header for the goal and a couple of started moves, and overall a good three points.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#310 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4136 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

A tw#t is another name for a "Fanny". Well done!

You're a dick.

We are a great club and today is one of the reasons I love being a morton fan. Guys like you can **** right off.

#311 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:17 AM

After-pub irnbru should post more often. The acceptable face of drunkposting.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#312 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4136 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:18 AM

*we're

You're scum as well.

#313 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4136 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:21 AM

After-pub irnbru should post more often. The acceptable face of drunkposting.

Next day irnbru playing Sunday league isn't quite at good. For yours truly anyway.

Edited by irnbru, 30 October 2016 - 12:21 AM.

#314 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15935 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:56 AM

The "committee " always wins. BOOOOOOOOO

Whereas Rangers lost their battle to survive: GIUY.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#315 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15366 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:03 AM

First time I've seen the disallowed goal and I have to admit it was the correct decision.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#316 Tubes

Tubes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:08 AM

First time I've seen the disallowed goal and I have to admit it was the correct decision.

Have to agree. No Ayr players seemed to appeal for it but Jai is just off, and he obviously ducks out the way so I can see why it's been called. Cracking volley from Nesbitt aswell, think he needs a goal to get him a bit of confidence and he'll really come on for us. Tuesday night will do nicely for his first!

#317 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15935 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 01:24 AM

Jon Scullion's glorious, first-time pass should be mixed alongside 'Somerset Boab's Hampden Anthem' between now and when they can ever actually lift a finger to us.  

So never, then.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

Edited by vikingTON, 30 October 2016 - 01:27 AM.

#318 IainMorton

IainMorton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8836 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

Have to agree. No Ayr players seemed to appeal for it but Jai is just off, and he obviously ducks out the way so I can see why it's been called. Cracking volley from Nesbitt aswell, think he needs a goal to get him a bit of confidence and he'll really come on for us. Tuesday night will do nicely for his first!

I always thought that it was only offside if the player moved towards the ball and makes an attempt to play it? You see it all the time when an offside player is running through on goal and but is actually only flagged offside when he goes to play the ball. With that in mind - Jai actually ducks out the way of the ball which means he makes no attempt to play it.

#319 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:12 AM

Fair dos. I'd have chopped the goal off for that celebration as well.

#320 AyrshireTon

AyrshireTon

The Buzzer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7608 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:44 AM

I always thought that it was only offside if the player moved towards the ball and makes an attempt to play it? You see it all the time when an offside player is running through on goal and but is actually only flagged offside when he goes to play the ball. With that in mind - Jai actually ducks out the way of the ball which means he makes no attempt to play it.

Unless you're Morton.
Rowan Alexander once scored a screamer at Fit Park from the corner of the "D" in the last minute of a League Cup tie.
Referee Dougie Hopeless and his linesman managed to find someone standing somewhere that might have put the keeper off his fruitless dive towards the postage stamp.
I thought McGraw was going to lamp then with his sticks when he marched towards them at FT.

Saturday 29/9/79 - Scottish League Premier Division

Morton Dundee United

52 – Willie Pettigrew (0-1)

53 – Andy Ritchie (1-1)

60 – Ally Scott (2-1)

65 – Andy Ritchie (3-1)

66 – Andy Ritchie (4-1)

Attendance - 6758

#321 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7632 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

The less said about the first half the better, but the second was excellent with Lindsay being immense yet again. He was the one who really got us back in control of the midfield which gave us the platform to dominate the way we did for the last 30 minutes, with the whole midfield coming onto a game.

Lamie's tackle - Harkins only got through because Lamie was out of position in the first place, but what a way to recover. Outstanding challenge

Harkins' penalty claim - highlights show it in slow motion, it's a definite dive. Get it up him.

Scullion's pass for Oliver - Glorious  :wub:

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#322 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5384 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:58 AM

Harkins is a good player but he's a fat diving ****. Get it right up them
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#323 Alibi

Alibi

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11779 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

Harkins clearly diving before any contact. Jai was not interfering with play. Had the ball touched him he would have been. He was not blocking the keeper's view either.
"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

#324 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5384 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:05 AM

Have to give a lot of credit to the team especially forbes and Jai Quitongo yesterday. They were on the end of a few rough challenges and they gave as good as they got and got on with it. The Ayr no.2 and Jai had a few altercations and again the wee man gave as good as he got and laughed it off at the end. Noticed he tries to shake the Ayr no.2s hand after the final waistband he went away in a huff.

#325 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5384 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:08 AM

Harkins clearly diving before any contact. Jai was not interfering with play. Had the ball touched him he would have been. He was not blocking the keeper's view either.

Im not sure. He didn't touch the ball and wasn't in the keeper's view but I'm old school and believe if a player is offside then it should be called offside.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users