Photo

Morton Vs Winless Minnows St Mirren - Tuesday 1 November

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
406 replies to this topic

#1 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

An excellent run of results, a gutsy showing against the second best team in the country at the National Stadium, and then a never-say-die win against Ayr and their linesman henchman. Factor in ten home games unbeaten and a goalscoring habit and this time we really can say there's no better time to break the hoodoo. Injury problems are finally starting to clear so Duffy has some decisions to make here. While it's his job to worry about the opposition, from my perspective there is little to fear here and we should instead play our own game and take the game to what is clearly an inferior side devoid of confidence.

37-0 Morton, Jai with 36 and a trialist OG (Jim Goodwin wearing a fake mustache) for the other.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#2 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3839 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:19 PM

Just win, for the love of christ. Sod 37-0, I'd take 1-0, scrambled in off someone's left bollock after the worst game of football of all time.

#3 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17121 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

Early goal in the first five minutes. Early goal around ten minutes. A procession from there with a few extra highlights.

That's how you deal with diddy outfits like Saint Mirren. It should be like playing Buckie at home in the Scottish Cup.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#4 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

Early goal in the first five minutes. Early goal around ten minutes. A procession from there with a few extra highlights.

That's how you deal with diddy outfits like Saint Mirren. It should be like playing Buckie at home in the Scottish Cup.

But they won today.

Posted Image

#5 TaunTon

TaunTon

Luckless pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7654 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:41 PM

Skunks could field a team of geriatric paraplegics and still fluke a result.

2-1 to the famous and Pishley to disappear in a sinkhole.

#6 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

The question on Off The Ball tonight was 'What is the biggest town in Scotland not to have a team in the SFL?'.

A guy from Gourock messaged in to say 'Paisley....in a year's time.' The presenters loved it. Then there was a good five minutes spent discussing the crisis at St Mirren. Cosgrove reckons they are on the edge.

Btw, apparently the answer is Irvine. Who'da funk it?

#7 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:53 PM

The question on Off The Ball tonight was 'What is the biggest town in Scotland not to have a team in the SFL?'.

A guy from Gourock messaged in to say 'Paisley....in a year's time.' The presenters loved it. Then there was a good five minutes spent discussing the crisis at St Mirren. Cosgrove reckons they are on the edge.

No it isn't you dick, its East Kilbride.

Posted Image

#8 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

If only you had been listening. You could have called in.

3-1 to the Ton.

#9 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:57 PM

Not having this defeatism, lads. Ayr were also a bogey team, QoS were in great form. It's happening.

Do you like Abba?

#10 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

Isn't it East Kilbride?

Edit: beaten. Although the way things are going EK could get there sooner rather than later. Irvine is junyir bumpkin country.

Edited by nach0king, 29 October 2016 - 10:59 PM.

Do you like Abba?

#11 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:59 PM

It must be. What a petty and Ill-informed show.

#12 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

If only you had been listening. You could have called in.

3-1 to the Ton.

No, they actually said on the programme after some deliberation that its East Kilbride, in amongst salivating their usual s***e.

Posted Image

#13 IainMorton

IainMorton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9089 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

If we don't beat them this time, we may as well just lock the doors to Cappielow and throw away the key!

#14 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:02 PM

VikingTon has been typing for a while now.... brace yourself for some perma-rage :lol:

Posted Image

#15 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

I texted into OTB once (we're allowed to call it OTB if we've been a studio guest as I have been, we also get a sheepskin coat with a cartoon rendition of Cowan and Cosgrove on the back) and Tam couldn't pronounce Getafe. He called it geh-TAFF. Plum.

Do you like Abba?

#16 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:04 PM

I'm getting it for bringing up 'Off The Ball'.

#17 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

*OTB

Do you like Abba?

#18 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14223 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:05 PM

Irvine isn't even the second biggest town without an SPFL team, that'll be Glenrothes.

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#19 Denniston

Denniston

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

You were a guest on Off The Ball? Have you written a book?

#20 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Yes, Train Platforms with Bus Shelters, Volumes I, II and III

Posted Image

#21 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:09 PM

Irvine isn't even the second biggest town without an SPFL team, that'll be Glenrothes.

Correct. Interestingly all three of those mentioned are New Towns. Two other new towns of course have clubs in the form of Livi and Clyde (the s*** sequel to Bonnie and Clyde). Rutherglen is the largest old town to lack a team, followed by Wishaw.

Do you like Abba?

#22 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2915 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

https://youtu.be/CoVORhP9h3Q

Wrong thread :(

Edited by Scott, 29 October 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#23 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21115 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:11 PM

No, I've contributed to several football books but not written one myself. I was on during a short-lived feature where they interviewed message board hosts, coz I used to run this board several years ago. Cosgrove slagged off my hair, which back then was very long, and to be fair it was a very good line. That's all I remember.

Yes, Train Platforms with Bus Shelters, Volumes I, II and III

With full black-and-white photography, no less.

Do you like Abba?

#24 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6603 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:12 PM

Correct. Interestingly all three of those mentioned are New Towns. Two other new towns of course have clubs in the form of Livi and Clyde (the s*** sequel to Bonnie and Clyde). Rutherglen is the largest old town to lack a team, followed by Wishaw.

I'd have thought Clydebank would be bigger than both of them!?!

Posted Image

#25 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17121 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:13 PM

VikingTon has been typing for a while now.... brace yourself for some perma-rage :lol:

Fail. How dare you compare Buckle Thistle actually winning against that rabble's cast-iron track record of failure this season.

The Famous by three. Feel free to slither along yourself.

Edited by vikingTON, 29 October 2016 - 11:15 PM.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are