Highest Reputation Content

#1075935 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by capitanus on 30 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

99227977_6000_myparis.jpg

:lol: :lol:

#1065084 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by K K Kelbie on 30 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Success clearly follows Sir Gav and not just at the bookies.

You address Him by His proper title, you little bollocks.

Red dot.

#1083298 Is It Time For The Rae Family To Move Step Aside?

Posted by dunning1874 on 18 January 2018 - 10:17 AM

I mentioned last weekend that I felt that Morton are being 'downsized' by stealth.
The current situation of Morton looks similar to that of Clyde around 10-12 years ago in their Dougie Imrie era, when they were riding high in the first division only to find themselves floundering in the bottom league a couple of seasons later.
With all these cost-cutting exercises, plus youth for the sake of it, dwindling support, alienation, apathy and disillusion amongst the support; an owner who looks like he's given up etc.
Don't be surprised if we end up just like Clyde in 5 years time.

A less drastic fall than Clyde but nevertheless a club that had a massive collapse from where they looked like they had the potential to be is Airdrie United. They were a full time side when they won promotion ahead of us in 2003/04, with an average attendance of 1800. Their attendance grew in their first season up, then it fell year on year as it became clear they were never going to progress beyond battling relegation. When they did go back down to the third tier they immediately went part-time.

They've been in the second tier three times since and every time they've been relegated, with the Chairman simply saying that Airdrie can't be expected to do better than that. The managers who got them up deserve their chance to keep them up and if they fail, it was all that could be expected for a club like Airdrie; despite the fact their last season in this division saw Dumbarton go from being adrift at the bottom with five points in December to finishing 7th, 9 points clear of 9th and 21 ahead of 10th placed Airdrie thanks to a managerial change.

Airdrie fans took to referring to this as a 'managed decline', where a Chairman obsessed with sustainability couldn't see the wood for the trees and condemned the club to operating at a level where sustainability became impossible as a result. Having entered that spiral of decline, they've only made the promotion playoffs once in their four seasons back down and their average attendances are now comfortably under 1000.

A Chairman who was once seen by their fans as a hero for saving the club (of course this is an incorrect description in Airdrie's case as they died) mismanaged the club so badly over the course of 15 years that he destroyed his legacy by squandering any potential they had. When new owners took over at the start of this month and Jim Ballantyne's long relationship with the club was brought to an end, the overwhelming reaction of Airdrie fans was 'Good ****ing riddance', and rejoicing that he couldn't do any more damage after they spent the start of this season fighting to avoid administration while Ballantyne issued club statements left right and centre accusing fans and journalists of vendettas against him.

There's a cautionary tale for the Raes in there. It's not too late for Douglas' long-term legacy to be salvaged as the man who will be historically remembered for saving the club post-administration, even if those of us who've lived through the 17 years since will remember it as mostly being utter s***e, but time is running out for that. If things get as bad as we fear with the plan of the bulk of the starting eleven coming from the academy when those players clearly aren't ready for first team football being realised and we find ourselves in even the best case scenario of being an Ayr United style yo-yo club with no hope of improvement, he'll be remembered as the man who condemned the club to that existence when even basic competence in the boardroom could have given us so much better. If we fall further than that to the Airdrie or Clyde level, he'll be viewed in an even poorer light.

It's remarkable that we've reached this point considering the goodwill he had in his first few years in charge, but it's testament to his own incompetence rather than any impatience on the part of the fanbase - indeed it's a sign of how ridiculously patient and trusting most Morton fans are that he's still able to live off the goodwill he rightfully earned 17 years ago despite doing just about nothing right since.

#1077823 Stars Of 79

Posted by LargsTON on 29 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I finally met LinwoodTon yesterday at half time and fair play to him for having the balls to front up. As of now I'm done with it all. No more slagging, no more bitching and no more petty point scoring. I've told Gordon id ask the clique to cease with digs at him and Ernie and the flip side is the blog will stop immediately in return. Whether or not everyone accepts to move on or not is outwith my hands now but it's been 8 years and I've had enough. I'm out.

#1076876 Allan Mcgraw Inducted Into Hall Of Fame

Posted by TRVMP on 16 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

No need to try, you already are a dick.

Sorry, I forgot you masterminded the championship-winning season and were later instrumental in changing both the passback and two-points-for-a-win rule.

#1069180 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by K K Kelbie on 14 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

Funnily enough, nobody has ever been able to explain what grooming has taken place or even for what purpose.

I guess the masters haven't explained that to all the minions yet.  :blink:

Fail. It was all set out on the evening when you shat out of attending the home play-off match r attending to The Norseman - spending it wiping drool, tears and snotters from your financially ruined, jakey groomer's chin instead. 

47a7l.gif

#1082487 2017 - 2018 - Championship Updates And Scores

Posted by dunning1874 on 12 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

No no this can't be right, the Morton support is actually the most negative in the world to the extent that fans have directly caused defeats with the force of their criticism and even dissuaded players from signing for the club.

As Italian fans protest outside training sessions and smash their own players' cars in response to defeats; as fans in Sweden invade the pitch to assault players in response to relegation; as players in Mali need to be rescued by police after barricading themselves in the dressing room to keep out a rioting mob on the rampage trying to set fire to the stadium; all around the world, players in these terrifying situations still find the time to breathe a sigh of relief that they don't have to face the horrors of the Morton support.

A Togolese footballer sprinting off the pitch to escape a knife wielding pitch invader can be thankful he never had to go through the torment Kudus Oyenuga and Stewart Kean faced when someone said on a forum they'd never even read that he was a desperate panic-buy based on his track record. The Croats removing the rocks thrown through their windows of their houses by their own supporters allow themselves a wry smile, safe in the knowledge they didn't have to endure an ordeal like being booed off by the Cowshed while losing at half-time or hearing someone scream a blood-curdling obscenity like 'That's pish, don't let it bounce'. The club owners in Argentina forced to hand over money to hooligan groups under threat of violence are eternally grateful that they don't have to face something as unbearable as the chant of 'sack the board'.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves for suggesting that we're anything but the most intolerant fanbase in the world, frankly.