Highest Reputation Content

#1066201 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by dunning1874 on 12 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

Maybe that's exactly what you should do, sit down and have a pint with him.

You'd possibly then see it all in a different light once you've heard it all from the horses mouth.

That's exactly the point though, isn't it? How can people see it all in different light?

I'm guessing that the vast majority of people broadly agree with LargsTON and CHC on the case: they don't know the truth of what happened and had no personal involvement, they back no side in the case and accordingly they don't view Jim Gallagher or the Trust much differently on the back of it.

However, that's simply not all there is to it, because the behaviour of you and your master is an issue above and beyond the outcome of the case. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the court case, the way your master has conducted himself - that's him specifically, independently of JG - is absolutely disgraceful and even if the case had gone entirely, 100%, unequivocally in JG's favour, it wouldn't change that fact.

Sitting down for a pint with Jim as you suggest and hearing his whole side of things wouldn't change the facts of how your master behaved outwith the realms of the case. It's not about the rights and wrongs of the case, it's about everyone seeing through his behaviour that Newall is an absolutely despicable human being. Do you really, truly, honestly, not see why people view him (and by extension yourself) that way?

#1060083 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by TRVMP on 10 March 2017 - 10:41 PM

Ed meant to green dot it, he said. Fair enough, we've all had a slip of the fingers once.

Twice in a row, that would be a bit weird.

Three times? Now that's pushing it. Surely not.

Four? You're having a laugh. There's no way that's an accident.

Spoiler

That would be four "accidental" red 'uns, then, in the space of a few hours, all on the same topic, all on the same guy, from the world champion of empathy and the CEO of Caring about Other Peoples' Maws, Incorporated.

And apparently some people wonder why I don't believe anything this clown has to say.

#1077005 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by TonInDublin on 19 October 2017 - 11:12 AM

With one or two exceptions however, that good-will evaporated when he chose Ernie and Gordon as his cheerleaders, for obvious reasons. IMO that was JG's single biggest mistake.

Something I have shared with Jim on more than one occasion, most recently after we met in Greenock and then subsequently traded a few mails.

I remember at one point Ernie actually turning against Jim on his blog, with a whole pile of horrible slurs, and then when Jim came back to whatever position Ernie wanted, he gave it the whole "Willow is back on-board" stuff. 

So irrespective of who was right or wrong in the original case - the behaviour of Dr Newall, Mr McGregor,  and latterly Mr Dyer is absolutely unforgivable given their targetting of family members, thinly veiled threats of legal action, thinly veiled allegations of homosexuality and paedophilia, and their use of personal family pictures to further an agenda that pretty much all of the people they targeted weren't involved in - especially Mr McGregor and Mr Mr Newall themselves - can't speak as to whether Gordon was at the night in question or not -  but those two gentlemen weren't - nor were they Trust members. It's abhorrent behaviour and can never be excused. 

#1079026 Grangemouth Vs Morton

Posted by BishopLenBrennan on 22 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

Get these Government funded **** hounded and relegated. 

#1077075 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by Captain Rex Kramer on 20 October 2017 - 11:34 PM

ibxYpg5e.jpg

'Bad'

ibxYpg5e.jpg

'Groomed'

ibxYpg5e.jpg

's***ebag'

ibxYpg5e.jpg

'Failed attempt to win a trip to Salou'

ibxYpg5e.jpg

'Giving Merrydown Mhairi her hauners while your groomer slinks off instead'

ibxYpg5e.jpg

giphy.gif

#1076999 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by capitanus on 18 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Don't disagree with any of that, but IMO there were faults on the Trust's side as well. None of that justified the publishing of family photos and targeting of relatives (dead and alive) who had absolutely nothing to do with the whole murky affair, of course.

Of course there were, however let's look at some of those from the GMST that Ernie Newall has been targeting with his online hate campaign over the years, including people like Paul Gill, Deego, Alan Feeney, Nick Robinson, Claire Melville, Mary Sellars, Laura Wohlgemuth and more. None of these people had any connection with the Stars of 79 night, however they are decent folk and Morton supporters and wanted to get involved in something they thought was a worthwhile cause. Did any of these folk deserve to be the object of that creepy old ****s vitriol as a result of what previous office bearers at the GMST had done? There is only one correct answer here.

I seen what happened first hand back then, and it was messy. Two prominent members of the GMST board tried to use this forum as a kangaroo court expecting JG to roll over like Arthur Fowler and confess to whatever he was accused of. The only problem was that JG didn't agree to that. However, what JG was accused of became a side issue for a real nasty piece of s*** to pursue numerous vendetta's against many in the Morton support, as you well know, including many who have nothing to do with the event or its fall-out, but consider the guy to be an arsehole. Myself included.

Edit to add:

HTTP3d3dy5jbGlwYXJ0YmVzdC5jb20vY2xpcGFyd

#1075935 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by capitanus on 30 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

99227977_6000_myparis.jpg

:lol: :lol:

#1075207 Quitongo

Posted by K K Kelbie on 16 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Does anyone really think Quitongo is a good, or even reasonable, finisher? I don't. Trying to hit the ball as hard as you can every time, doesn't have the best success rate.

Sure, he is a great prospect, in terms of his strength and speed, but he has a huge amount to work on in terms of composure. Hopefully it'll come... if it does, he'll be a cracking player.

His chances to goals scored ratio must be pretty awful at the moment. Not on the wind up, it's based on what I've seen of him. Nobody can argue with the stats.

Good call dickhead!

#1075047 Kirsty Gallagher

Posted by Cet Homme Charmant on 15 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

So it's just been brought to my attention that Jim Duffy (allegedly) shagged Kirsty Gallagher back in the day.
Surely this deserves a song in his honour?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It was sloppy seconds after Ed de Ball though.

#1065930 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by Toby on 10 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

So, how much has the groomer missed out on then?

MW-FG870_21k_tr_20170301090225_ZH.jpg?uu

#1065315 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by Deano1874 on 05 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

Remember the time some of the roasters in here formed 'the clique' to hound Ed and me off the board.

We're still here.  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:  :bouncy:

Remember the time your sense of self-worth was overshot by such a distance that you thought a group of pals formed and existed to hound a degenerate alky Doctor's very own Smithers off an internet forum? 

Don't flatter yourself, lapdog.

mr__burns_and_smithers__by_bubble89.jpg

#1065084 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by K K Kelbie on 30 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Success clearly follows Sir Gav and not just at the bookies.

You address Him by His proper title, you little bollocks.

Red dot.

#1061654 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by capitanus on 26 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

I don't know who you're trying to convince here. You weren't there and whoever has told you what happened on the day has misled you. I don't need to be told anything, I can read all I need to know with my own eyes.

1. As I said in an earlier post, it wasn't delayed because of Ernie's hearing problems. That's a complete fabrication.

2. The Trust have tried to have their OWN case dismissed on at least seven (7) separate occasions. Hardly the actions of people more than willing to have their evidence heard in court.

3. The Trust Deed did delay matters but only because the Trust chose to go down that route. JG's Trustee stated that he was not interested in the court case and was happy for it to continue. JG's people put up a bond to cover any losses to guarantee the Trust payment if they were successful. But the Trust chose to make a claim on the Trust Deed instead of continuing with their own action. If the Trust had continued with the action, and won, they would have recovered all of the claim as well as costs awarded by the court. THIS AMOUNT WAS COVERED BY THE BOND. Instead the Trust CHOSE to go with the Trust Deed with the likelihood of recovering less than £200 if successful. For the record, the Trusts claim on JG's Trust Deed was rejected by the Trustee for "insufficient evidence".

4. Not according to the Trusts own constitution, Supporters Direct Scotland and a top Glasgow law firm.

5. There are many people have been fooled by all this. I am not one of them.  :)

Bob knew within days that it was me who pulled the red wig photo. I told him it was me.

I still don't have a blog Davie.

I agree. It was a lovely day in Manchester yesterday, at least it was when I was there early afternoon.  :)

Talking of photographs, what happened to your profile pic?

Time was against me yesterday Davie. I don't drink but I'll happily sip a coffee with you when you're in town. Give me a shout.  :thumbup2:

That is a wee shame. You could have had people thinking you were tall, dark and handsome, instead of tall, light and seething.  :)

I'm sure it's something two grown men can sort out over coffee.  :)

Looks like it's game, set and match to Davie here.

All of the above just read like blubbering drivel from a complete pathetic joke of a grown man.

I take it back, you aren't a snake. Even a snake would know when to slither away and not return. You are too ****ing thick to be a snake.

#1059847 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by capitanus on 08 March 2017 - 06:58 PM

And in other news, does anyone see an uncanny resemblance between old Mentalfag and former TV Presenter and convicted Paedophile, Stuart Hall:

121526_1.jpg

No doubt we'll hear 'It's a knockout' when any one of a number of folk from here eventually catch up with him.

:lol: :lol:

#1077823 Stars Of 79

Posted by LargsTON on 29 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I finally met LinwoodTon yesterday at half time and fair play to him for having the balls to front up. As of now I'm done with it all. No more slagging, no more bitching and no more petty point scoring. I've told Gordon id ask the clique to cease with digs at him and Ernie and the flip side is the blog will stop immediately in return. Whether or not everyone accepts to move on or not is outwith my hands now but it's been 8 years and I've had enough. I'm out.

#1077435 Season Tickets

Posted by dunning1874 on 24 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

It's natural that we focus on how it affects us as Morton fans, and of course it's the loyalty of Morton fans that the club needs to earn and keep so that should be their main concern as well, but I actually think it's the approach to away fans which is the biggest indication that no one at the club has even begun to think things through or see how this looks from the perspective of fans.

For a start, when they were clinging to the £2 charge before the system was even operational, they also did it for away fans v Livingston. Now, of course we all know that the £2 charge is a stupid idea even if the turnstiles and website were actually working properly, and the fact that they pressed ahead with the charge before the website was even operational was appalling regardless of the fact they later turned round and suspended it, but charging it to away fans as well just betrays a complete lack of understanding of anything about football fans.

Absolutely no away fan is ever going to turn up at the opposition ground more than two hours before kick-off. At least some Morton fans get the opportunity to purchase their tickets in person through the week, and a few who live in the vicinity of Cappielow may have even had the chance to pop down to the ground on the day of the game - of course, this exposes the club's complete lack of understanding or empathy for out of town Morton fans as well - but away fans? At least we - ostensibly, however many years in the future the website actually works - will have the opportunity to buy tickets in advance, but they'll never be able to do it online, they obviously can't nip down to Smiths or Cappielow during the week. If Falkirk, Livingston or Dunfermline did that to us we would be absolutely raging about it and we'd be expecting the club to speak up on our behalf in the hope of getting them to scrap this preposterous idea. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Then, other than the £2 charge, there's the issue of the massive queues we saw at the ticket office on Saturday. They've suspended the extra £2 charge, but they're still expecting away fans to join the queue for the ticket office. By this point everyone attending Cappielow as a home fan would prefer that we still had cash turnstiles, but the club have made their bed and they are going to force us to lie in it if we still want to support Morton: they'd rather make us suffer than write-off this expensive disaster. That's the reality of the situation and Morton fans will never again enter the ground through any other means than the electronic turnstiles. Fine, hopefully that means they're going to eventually get a system that works properly and doesn't inconvenience supporters, even if it takes decades to get that far.

However, we do still have cash turnstiles at the ground. Cash turnstiles which provide access to the away end, even when the away support is in the main stand. Use them. Even if it's a relatively small away support, as it was on Saturday, you're going to be considerably reducing the number of fans queuing up at the ticket booth between 2:30 and 3:00. Use the Wee Dublin End turnstiles as PATG for away fans in every game regardless of the size of the away support, and the number queuing for tickets in that last half hour before kick-off at the main stand is going to be reduced by hundreds on average. This will, in turn, considerably reduce the queues for Morton fans and should mean fewer people take one look at the queue and decide they'll just go home instead.

Hibs, Dunfermline, St Mirren and Queen of the South all require fans to purchase a ticket before going to the turnstiles. All of those clubs have dedicated ticket offices for away fans only. When we won 3-0 at Easter Road I was late into the ground because Hibs only had two people at the away ticket office and they couldn't cope with a relatively small Morton support. Yet at Cappielow on Saturday they were using one ticket office for the entire stadium. If you have five people trying to process the entire stadium, even with a crowd under 1500, of course they can't get in time.

Of course, as the queue this weekend was at the ticket office while the turnstiles had no queues whatsoever, the club are no doubt going to look at that and decide the solution to the problem is to reinstate the £2 charge, as this will encourage people to purchase tickets before the day and reduce the queue. In reality, people are just going to stop turning up if they can't guarantee they'll make it before the day. The correct way to make this work is to divert the away fans to cash turnstiles and expand the ticket office at the ground to provide more ticket sellers, while scrapping the £2 charge permanently. The bulk of attendees are always, always going to turn up on the day to buy their tickets there, this is simply a fact which you're not going to change. Morton have a responsibility to provide a service acceptable to supporters and that includes giving them a chance to actually get in the ground on time having turned up an entirely reasonable 10 minutes before kick-off.

You'll note that none of the other clubs who require tickets to be purchased from an office/booth before going to the turnstiles charge a surplus based on when fans buy the ticket. That's because penalising people to try and force them to buy tickets early is only going to stop all but the most diehard fans attending rather than reducing queues. Some people can't guarantee their attendance if they don't live in the area, some people work Saturdays and won't know until the day if they can get away on time, some people are just fairweather and only go to a game when they feel like it, which is fine. When you punish them for that, they'll just ask why they should bother and chuck it.

Electronic turnstiles are, by themselves, a perfectly fine idea. It's just a shame the company we've got couldn't get them working until three months into the season. A website to buy tickets is a good idea. It's just a shame the company we got to do it can't design a website and it still isn't working at the end of October. Allowing fans to buy tickets in advance is a good thing and doing so with a fan card that allows fans to register is also a good thing, it's just a shame the club have absolutely no understanding of their fanbase whatsoever and came up with the absolutely outrageous idea to charge extra if you choose not to buy in advance.

For all the problems, this can still be made to work. Electronic turnstiles don't have to be broken, the website doesn't have to be a mess, the club don't have to spit in our faces by charging extra for buying on the day. Having a functioning website with the majority of fans registered would be a really good step. The club could have a database of all their fans to hand which allows them to easily target specific types of fan with commercial/marketing emails. If we were ever to progress to the top flight and find ourselves regularly having all-ticket away games we could do away tickets through the website as well, and linking that to fan cards would allow the club to start operating a points system for all-ticket games, with regular attendees getting priority if we were ever in the position of selling out away allocations. Lots of good can still come of this system and there's no reason it has to continue being the shambles it's been so far, but it's incumbent on the club to show the willingness to fix it.

#1077011 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by Uncle Joe Stalin on 19 October 2017 - 02:31 PM

Regarding the court case, Jim certainly did win.

Now that he's settled up with his backer, hopefully he'll now raise a separate action to recover his costs.

'Bad'

Web site announcement of 11 October 2017 clearly refers to “budding designers of all ages”

And four numpties green dotted this!
Sweet hubris!

'Bad'

A combined 12,000 red dots and gulaging of these kulak scum.

8191550.gif

#1069180 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by K K Kelbie on 14 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

Funnily enough, nobody has ever been able to explain what grooming has taken place or even for what purpose.

I guess the masters haven't explained that to all the minions yet.  :blink:

Fail. It was all set out on the evening when you shat out of attending the home play-off match r attending to The Norseman - spending it wiping drool, tears and snotters from your financially ruined, jakey groomer's chin instead. 

47a7l.gif

#1060238 Greenockmorton.org In Visual Form

Posted by Uncle Joe Stalin on 12 March 2017 - 01:08 AM

No imagination required, I am me.  :thumbup2:

No - you're just the finger puppet of some gormless, alcoholic jakey. Sit down and shut up.

maxresdefault.jpg

#1076876 Allan Mcgraw Inducted Into Hall Of Fame

Posted by TRVMP on 16 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

No need to try, you already are a dick.

Sorry, I forgot you masterminded the championship-winning season and were later instrumental in changing both the passback and two-points-for-a-win rule.