56 replies to this topic

#51 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18928 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

I'm obviously in the minority, but i still think they have a chance, albeit a small one, of catching Ayr and finishing 9th.

7 points behind but still need to play them twice and Ayr haven't won in 10 and don't look like improving.

Long shot i know, but i wouldn't say its finished just yet.

I agree, there is still a chance. I do think their game against Ayr in late February is a potential decider.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#52 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15924 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:05 PM

"There is still a chance... that they will slither into a four-way play-off, that they would then have to win in order to avoid being punted into the seaside leagues anyway, never to return."

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#53 Chesh

Chesh

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1069 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

If we could relegate them at cappielow that would be fabulous.

They would have to be 16 odd points behind 9th I think so maybe it's just to far.

Edited by Chesh, 09 January 2017 - 04:10 PM.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

#54 Cet Homme Charmant

Cet Homme Charmant

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11657 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:17 PM

I agree, there is still a chance. I do think their game against Ayr in late February is a potential decider.

Only a potential decider if Ayr win, if St Mirren wins it won't decide anything (unless they win every game between now and then, and Ayr lose all theirs).

#55 Specto

Specto

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

Would like to see us get promoted and they get relegated - makes the financial gap and ability gap even bigger than just them being relegated or just us being promoted.

#56 Ton in Shawlands

Ton in Shawlands

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:46 PM

Obviously we all want a good promotion challenge, the St Mirren thing is just a hilarious side show car crash. It's hilarious & hypnotic at the same time. Watching Morton we all secretly (or not so secretly) worry. The St Mirren situation is just low risk comedy gold.

#57 AJCTON

AJCTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3837 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Couldn't give a toss about saint mirren. We need to focus on ourselves and make a play off place our own. Dundee United ain't so far ahead that 2nd is out of the question. We need the board to front up and bring in a decent recognised striker as a priority but knowing our luck they will buy a new top of the range coffee maker instead.
I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users