4100 replies to this topic

#1951 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

I am sorry he chose Raith Rovers rather than us although I didn't think he did particularly well with us second time around. However for his c.v. going back to any club for a third time might suggest he prefers his comfort zone rather than a new challenge.

He is still young and has to think of his career so good luck to him; he can be as prolific as he likes for Raith as long as he doesn't score against us!

#1952 RyanTON

RyanTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

Lol ok

You literally quoted his tweet saying he chose to turn down Morton, he had an offer on the table from at least two clubs and chose Raith over us.
Follow me on twitter! @Ryan_GMFC

#1953 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

I am sorry he chose Raith Rovers rather than us although I didn't think he did particularly well with us second time around. However for his c.v. going back to any club for a third time might suggest he prefers his comfort zone rather than a new challenge.

He is still young and has to think of his career so good luck to him; he can be as prolific as he likes for Raith as long as he doesn't score against us!

I feel the same way, I bear him no ill will at all. The point about trying something new is a good one. People will raise eyebrows if he only ever scores at one club.

I don't think Duffy is lying, I'm sure Declan gave every indication that he was signing, but this is why pen needs to go to paper quickly. If we weren't paying him he owes us nothing.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#1954 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

Attached File  IMG-20160721-WA0032.jpg   66.18KB   32 downloads

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#1955 Eric M.

Eric M.

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:53 PM

You literally quoted his tweet saying he chose to turn down Morton, he had an offer on the table from at least two clubs and chose Raith over us.

It's not that simple. If Raith offered to pay more towards Declan's wages Fleetwoòd will have pointed him in their direction.

#1956 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:59 PM

Brilliant :lol:

#1957 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:14 PM

It's not that simple. If Raith offered to pay more towards Declan's wages Fleetwoòd will have pointed him in their direction.

It REALLY is though.

#1958 Eric M.

Eric M.

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

It REALLY is though.

Dec is employed by Fleetwood. If Raith have offered them more money do you really think the decision was Dec's alone?

#1959 RyanTON

RyanTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

Yes it is. Dec said himself that he 'turned us down' meaning he had a choice of which club he went to and chose Raith.

#1960 IainMorton

IainMorton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8836 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:29 PM

Yes it is. Dec said himself that he 'turned us down' meaning he had a choice of which club he went to and chose Raith.

I thought he turned down a contract from us though, meaning we wanted to sign him permanently rather than a loan deal again?

#1961 RyanTON

RyanTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

I thought he turned down a contract from us though, meaning we wanted to sign him permanently rather than a loan deal again?

We can't sign him permanently without paying a fee he's still under contract at Fleetwood. Our offer would've also been a loan deal.

#1962 Eric M.

Eric M.

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

We can't sign him permanently without paying a fee he's still under contract at Fleetwood. Our offer would've also been a loan deal.

Did we not originally make an offer to sign him permanently and when that was turned down the loan offer was made? Perhaps I'm wrong.

#1963 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

Dec is employed by Fleetwood. If Raith have offered them more money do you really think the decision was Dec's alone?

Yes. He got to the 'choosing between us and Raith' stage therefore both offers were accepted. You really think Fleetwood would have leaned on him to choose one over the other? (if they were that bothered, they'd have rejected our offer). And, if there was any difference between our offer and Raith's, it's only likely to have been a couple of hundred quid if that - Fleetwood wouldn't have even bothered giving that difference the time of day.

We originally tried for a permanent deal early in the summer - he rejected it.
We went back with a loan offer - he rejected it.

Time to move on.

#1964 Eric M.

Eric M.

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:42 PM

Yes. He got to the 'choosing between us and Raith' stage therefore both offers were accepted. You really think Fleetwood would have leaned on him to choose one over the other? (if they were that bothered, they'd have rejected our offer). And, if there was any difference between our offer and Raith's, it's only likely to have been a couple of hundred quid if that - Fleetwood wouldn't have even bothered giving that difference the time of day.We originally tried for a permanent deal early in the summer - he rejected it.We went back with a loan offer - he rejected it.Time to move on.

Fair enough. Another red coming up. Bit childish Toby.

#1965 Hej

Hej

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

This window players have chosen to join Raith Rovers, The New Saints, Wrexham and Barrow over us. Quite the riddy.

#1966 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

Who went to TNS?

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

#1967 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5384 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:45 AM

Jon routledge?
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#1968 Cet Homme Charmant

Cet Homme Charmant

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11661 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

Who went to Barrow? Don't think Stefan signed for them in the end.

#1969 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

Duffy in the tele today saying he spoke to McManus after the game on Tuesday where everything had been agreed with him and Fleetwood, then McManus changed his mind at 4pm on Wednesday.

Duffy also said he has tried and failed to sign 13/14 other strikers so far :lol:

#1970 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3360 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:14 AM

Shows you how far down the pecking order we are

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#1971 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:15 AM

Shows you how far down the pecking order we are

We are near the foot of European (Union) full-time football, if not the foot. It's not going to be easy by any means.

#1972 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18945 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:16 AM

Duffy in the tele today saying he spoke to McManus after the game on Tuesday where everything had been agreed with him and Fleetwood, then McManus changed his mind at 4pm on Wednesday.
Duffy also said he has tried and failed to sign 13/14 other strikers so far :lol:

That's one side of the story. I'm not really doubting it, but McManus might have a different definition of 'agreed'.

#1973 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2764 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

We are near the foot of European (Union) full-time football, if not the foot. It's not going to be easy by any means.

Fair enough but it is the same for our competitors. It is the manager's job to come up with options rather than coming across as someone who has run out of ideas for the squad. I am dreading to think what is on offer after our signings to date.

#1974 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:26 AM

It all makes the loan of Thomas Orr seem more strange by the day.

#1975 big B

big B

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:34 AM

Fair enough but it is the same for our competitors. It is the manager's job to come up with options rather than coming across as someone who has run out of ideas for the squad. I am dreading to think what is on offer after our signings to date.

Maybe if he started trying to get people in on pre-contracts in January we he might have a better chance of succeeding.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users