I wouldn't normally post something this personal on the messageboard but this was Jim to a tee.
Jump to content
Posted by LargsTON on 16 April 2017 - 08:16 PM
Posted by capitanus on 22 January 2017 - 11:46 PM
I hope that any Morton players dont succumb to the half-arsed hacks and copy jockeys with crap stories about them playing their boyhood idols.
For any players reading this, we are not ****ing interested in these kind of stories. The Rangers that you loved as a plooky teenager died in 2012, and this team are not your boyhood heroes.
Morton are paying your wages, show some respect to their support.
Posted by Toby on 17 April 2017 - 06:30 PM
Posted by Toby on 06 February 2017 - 07:48 PM
Feb is always bad.
Posted by Toby on 16 April 2017 - 10:00 PM
Posted by TRVMP on 10 March 2017 - 10:41 PM
Posted by TRVMP on 19 April 2017 - 10:09 PM
Posted by Toby on 31 March 2017 - 03:09 PM
Posted by capitanus on 17 April 2017 - 06:46 PM
For those who have been concerned, a few of us are on the way back from Sheffield just now. We were treated brilliantly by all the lads who also contributed significantly to his funeral fund. There were some Morton fans who came down without any really connection to Sheffield United that left feeling really humbled by our treatment, and particularly fond of our friends from Yorkshire.
Posted by Deego on 16 April 2017 - 07:54 PM
Been struggling to process this since I was told last night. I just can't believe it. A guy that I've always personally felt I owe a tonne of favours, given all he did for me. A massive part of my life over the last 10 years, there's very few people I know like him. Absolutely stunned. A massive loss to Morton, friends and family.
Posted by Jamie_M on 30 March 2017 - 08:35 PM
The club made a wee effort to get people in for the Dunfermline game, but I'd like to see more of that for the Hibs game. Get it started earlier in the week.
Posted by EanieMeany on 01 September 2016 - 06:22 PM
A new Morton social club would be full of whoppers like the people on here.
Posted by Scott on 25 July 2016 - 07:30 PM
"There is so much negativity goes on, particularly on the social network sites, that it would be good if people were vocal about the positive side. I can’t really do anything about that, but what I am doing is sticking up for the players because they deserve credit.”
Who's the grass?
Posted by EanieMeany on 18 April 2017 - 03:39 PM
I haven't posted on here for ages, but felt inclined to do so to add my own small tribute to Jim, even though I'm still at a loss for words.
Like many other people, I could list a litany of small acts of kindness from Jim - small acts, but an immense measure of the generosity and huge heart of the man. He'd do anything for anyone and was always brilliant company no matter the circumstances, from words of wisdom to an endless well of weird and wonderful stories - I once jokingly suggested that it'd be great if someone compiled a "Now That's What I Call MacVicar" best of off his stories, but there were so many that'd have you in stitches to ever be able to compile. Nearly everyone who spent any time in his company will have a good memory of him, one way or the other.
It was (and is) impossible not to love the man, a one-of-a-kind personality that'll be missed by so many people in so many ways. As I commented on Twitter regarding the fund-raiser, you can't measure a person's worth in pounds, but you can most definitely do so by how quickly and generously so many people were to make a contribution for him - in many cases, in a small way to pay back Jim's own generosity. That and the depth and number of the tributes paid to him tell their own story.
We've lost one of our very best.
Posted by Toby on 07 April 2017 - 12:12 PM
Couldn't give a flying fuck, in all honesty.
Posted by vikingTON on 31 March 2017 - 08:04 PM
Oops sorry, accidentally gave you a greenie there. Can one of the non-clique members sort this please.
Posted by capitanus on 26 March 2017 - 03:21 PM
I don't know who you're trying to convince here. You weren't there and whoever has told you what happened on the day has misled you. I don't need to be told anything, I can read all I need to know with my own eyes.
1. As I said in an earlier post, it wasn't delayed because of Ernie's hearing problems. That's a complete fabrication.
2. The Trust have tried to have their OWN case dismissed on at least seven (7) separate occasions. Hardly the actions of people more than willing to have their evidence heard in court.
3. The Trust Deed did delay matters but only because the Trust chose to go down that route. JG's Trustee stated that he was not interested in the court case and was happy for it to continue. JG's people put up a bond to cover any losses to guarantee the Trust payment if they were successful. But the Trust chose to make a claim on the Trust Deed instead of continuing with their own action. If the Trust had continued with the action, and won, they would have recovered all of the claim as well as costs awarded by the court. THIS AMOUNT WAS COVERED BY THE BOND. Instead the Trust CHOSE to go with the Trust Deed with the likelihood of recovering less than £200 if successful. For the record, the Trusts claim on JG's Trust Deed was rejected by the Trustee for "insufficient evidence".
4. Not according to the Trusts own constitution, Supporters Direct Scotland and a top Glasgow law firm.
5. There are many people have been fooled by all this. I am not one of them.
Bob knew within days that it was me who pulled the red wig photo. I told him it was me.
I still don't have a blog Davie.
I agree. It was a lovely day in Manchester yesterday, at least it was when I was there early afternoon.
Talking of photographs, what happened to your profile pic?
Time was against me yesterday Davie. I don't drink but I'll happily sip a coffee with you when you're in town. Give me a shout.
That is a wee shame. You could have had people thinking you were tall, dark and handsome, instead of tall, light and seething.
I'm sure it's something two grown men can sort out over coffee.
Posted by Uncle Joe Stalin on 12 March 2017 - 01:08 AM
No imagination required, I am me.
No - you're just the finger puppet of some gormless, alcoholic jakey. Sit down and shut up.
Posted by capitanus on 08 March 2017 - 06:58 PM