Photo

The Renfrewshire Derby

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6579 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Today is zero days since Morton last beat St. Mirren.

Show Grasses The Red Dot.

#2 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:58 PM

It is now 199 days and 18 hours since St Mirren last beat Morton. #ForeverInOurShadow

#3 BouncyMan1

BouncyMan1

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

love it Goon.  Counting the hours to 200 days.  We might not play them again for years after this season the way they are playing

#4 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6579 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

love it Goon. Counting the hours to 200 days. We might not play them again for years after this season the way they are playing

Minutes*

#5 shullnotton

shullnotton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:48 PM

Well played and well deserved.

#6 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17073 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:37 AM

Well played and well deserved.

**** off and get it right up you. Enjoy Brechin next season, chump. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#7 Tubes

Tubes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1006 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:04 AM

What a morning to be alive. Spring in the step heading off to work today. Every Paisley **** I know will be rightly hounded throughout the course of the day.

#8 Alibi

Alibi

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11971 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

Pretty pissed off with that performance last night.  I mean only scoring 3?  And conceding a goal?  I hope Duffy makes it clear to him that this lowering of performance standards is unacceptable.

Despite the score giving a false impression of how one sided that game was (60% possession...), I reckon we were even more impressive in our play than we were against Queens.  We have a superb midfield with the energy and pace of the younger players complementing Ross Forbes' less frenetic approach.  play offs definitley achievable and we seem to be getting better all the time due to the youth players becoming more used to this level.

Russell and Lindsay look to me as if they should be in the U21 squad too but I suppose having too many players from one club is frowned upon when that club isn't from Glasgow, and there are others in our squad who wouldn't disgrace themselves at that level either.  The pace and the rapid interchanging is superb to watch.  For the first time in many seasons, I feel that I don't want to miss a moment of this season as the football is entertaining and exciting.  Russell looks to me like the new Jim Holmes. McDonagh has shown himself to be a really strong right back and maybe that's what we should consider him now rather than a pure forward.  We even have Gunning, Tidser and Scullion on the bench.  Murdoch has been a great addition, so get him signed up for longer. Oliver is performing much better since Murdoch joined IMHO for some reason.

Saturday will be a test of how much we have improved.  Win at Falkirk and it suggests we genuinely have improved from the start of the season.  We then have Dundee United and Hibs at Cappielow before Xmas - winning those games would send out a signal that we are genuine title contenders.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic but over the last 4 games I haven't seen any team that is significantly better than us, even Aberdeen.  Crucial to keep Jai till the end of the season and for that I think we need a sale plus loan back deal - that would be best for Jai too as he's still fairly raw, and better than rotting away in some third team squad down south.  We need to be looking for his replacement though, and with this squad i suspect we will be able to attract better options than in the recent past.

Edited by Alibi, 02 November 2016 - 08:23 AM.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

#9 delboy66

delboy66

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:38 AM

Being a Ton & staying in Paisley is the best feeling in the World this Morning I shall let You into some inside information there F.KED on & off the park they shall have to let go before they can bring any bodies in during the Window!! There going to drop like a stone..

#10 jimbobton

jimbobton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:25 PM

Pretty pissed off with that performance last night.  I mean only scoring 3?  And conceding a goal?  I hope Duffy makes it clear to him that this lowering of performance standards is unacceptable.

Despite the score giving a false impression of how one sided that game was (60% possession...), I reckon we were even more impressive in our play than we were against Queens.  We have a superb midfield with the energy and pace of the younger players complementing Ross Forbes' less frenetic approach.  play offs definitley achievable and we seem to be getting better all the time due to the youth players becoming more used to this level.

Russell and Lindsay look to me as if they should be in the U21 squad too but I suppose having too many players from one club is frowned upon when that club isn't from Glasgow, and there are others in our squad who wouldn't disgrace themselves at that level either.  The pace and the rapid interchanging is superb to watch.  For the first time in many seasons, I feel that I don't want to miss a moment of this season as the football is entertaining and exciting.  Russell looks to me like the new Jim Holmes. McDonagh has shown himself to be a really strong right back and maybe that's what we should consider him now rather than a pure forward.  We even have Gunning, Tidser and Scullion on the bench.  Murdoch has been a great addition, so get him signed up for longer. Oliver is performing much better since Murdoch joined IMHO for some reason.

Saturday will be a test of how much we have improved.  Win at Falkirk and it suggests we genuinely have improved from the start of the season.  We then have Dundee United and Hibs at Cappielow before Xmas - winning those games would send out a signal that we are genuine title contenders.  Maybe I'm being too optimistic but over the last 4 games I haven't seen any team that is significantly better than us, even Aberdeen.  Crucial to keep Jai till the end of the season and for that I think we need a sale plus loan back deal - that would be best for Jai too as he's still fairly raw, and better than rotting away in some third team squad down south.  We need to be looking for his replacement though, and with this squad i suspect we will be able to attract better options than in the recent past.

Falkirk have been a bogey team for us and yet they have not impressed me over the last two seasons
About time we beat them certainly absolutely nothing to fear

#11 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6579 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:45 PM

Today is one day since Morton last beat St. Mirren.