4091 replies to this topic

#1426 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:47 AM

Yip, stick to snapped cruciate ligament 'jokes'. What a cheek, of all the people to question if a post is distasteful or not! :lol:

'Hypocrite' - a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.

snapback.png

Why won't you answer Nach0's point in comparing your post about vikingTON watching himself and mine about your cruciate ligament?

#1427 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:10 AM

Why won't you answer Nach0's point in comparing your post about vikingTON watching himself and mine about your cruciate ligament?

Have replied on that several times. Not wasting my time doing it again for those that can't read properly.. (I was being patronising after I'd heard he was a bit of 'poor soul' - there summed up quickly!)

Not remotely my style to physically threaten someone... or wish injury upon someone. That's for low-lifes.. and hypocrites.  Ok, not writing another word in response to you.. you're not worth my time.

#1428 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

Have replied on that several times. Not wasting my time doing it again for those that can't read properly.. (I was being patronising after I'd heard he was a bit of 'poor soul' - there summed up quickly!)

Not remotely my style to physically threaten someone... or wish injury upon someone. That's for low-lifes.. and hypocrites.  Ok, not writing another word in response to you.. you're not worth my time.

Actually, no you haven't. The exact post was as follows;

:lol: so all those times you were going on about how you had everyone wrapped around your finger, and how much you enjoyed the reaction of the people with "issues", where do those fit into this clarification?

I like how the cruciate ligament count is worse than Hitler but your own veiled threat is now retconned as patronizing. You wrote three posts - which you shat out of and deleted - talking about the "background" you have. This, it now transpires, includes knowledge that the person you were addressing would run a mile from trouble in real life. The picture that emerges from this is not flattering for you.

You "took action" based on what other people were saying even though you were enjoying the psychological manipulation of those with issues? Are you aware of how massively confusing this is?

You're a crybully, you tried trolling and failed miserably when the blowback came back far harder than you anticipated, and now you're trying to seize the moral high ground since your campaign of manipulation has failed.

To whoever your friend is, by the way, I'll be at the Albion Rovers game in July, and while I'm not interested in "trouble" (on account of not being a perma-seething mess) I'll happily tell him to his face that you're a ****ing plum who's brought all of this on himself.

You're yet to address this point. In the interests of fairness, and all parties being treated equally, why on earth should I, or anyone for that matter, just take your word for it that "it's not your style to physically threaten someone" when you won't give me the courtesy of laughing off my remark, but have instead chosen to play the victim, cry foul and garner sympathy off cretins like EdDeBawbag and cornbeef?

What was that we were saying about hypocrisy?

You don't know if it's my "style" to physically threaten someone- you've openly admitted you don't know me. Yet, you're happy to go along with it when it suits your agenda and expect everyone else to just accept your despicable behaviour as mere banter as you're not that sort of guy. Doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Of course, like the many other times you've told me you'll not be responding to me, I'll just have to be disappointed. Were you not a man of your word ( :lol: ), I'd expect the next meltdown to be as glorious as the rest have been. VikingTON had better clear out his inbox.

#1429 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15928 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

Leaving briefly to one side 'Dr. Z.s' latest, utter fantasist tirade and inevitable tear-stained breakdown: has the signing of McDonagh been confirmed anywhere? The Tele reported a one year deal being agreed earlier this week, but confirmation of the transfer doesn't seem to have occurred anywhere yet. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#1430 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

Stuart Findlay has signed for Newcastle, good luck to him.

#1431 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

Leaving briefly to one side 'Dr. Z.s' latest, utter fantasist tirade and inevitable tear-stained breakdown: has the signing of McDonagh been confirmed anywhere? The Tele reported a one year deal being agreed earlier this week, but confirmation of the transfer doesn't seem to have occurred anywhere yet.

Was there not something regarding clearance from the Irish FA holding it back?

#1432 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3357 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Stuart Findlay has signed for Newcastle, good luck to him.

Really?

That's an excellent move. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#1433 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15928 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

He's not a great player. Celtic wouldn't be releasing him if he was...

He seems a good player for Championship level.. and bang average for the likes of Killie.

283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.j

Could it really be any simpler? If he was a 'great player', as quoted, he would have been playing for Celtic last year, not punted out to Killie, then released (safe to say he has been released and not turned down a new lucrative contract from the biggest team in the country, that offer far higher wages than he'd get anywhere else).

I thought he was a decent player, but I've seen umpteen better playing in defence for Morton. Wouldn't mind seeing him back at Cappielow, he's probably about our standard of player i.e. not 'great'.

I didn't limit it to central defenders. Thinking of a central defender of a similar age... Brian Reid was a much better player at the same stage of his career (got a move to a very strong Rangers team based on his performances).

Findlay was surrounded by such poor players, that being competent made him stand out.

If you're with Celtic or Rangers you're always more likely to get international recognition at youth levels, whether or not you're actually a better player than someone playing elsewhere. So you're right, statistics don't tell the whole story..

All about opinions, I'd say Reid was a far stronger and more imposing centre-half than Findlay. We'll see where Findlay ends up, but doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction career-wise. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#1434 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

And?? Findlay has been given a shot at Newcastle United u-21 level.. along with god knows how many other boys.

Keep in mind Alex Samuel is an under 21 player with Swansea, a team in the division above. Surely that means Samuel is an even better player??

I'll stick to Findlay not being a 'great' player. If he establishes himself as a regular in either of the top 2 divisions in England I'll admit I was wrong. Until then... shhhhh.

#1435 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18933 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:56 PM

Keep in mind Alex Samuel is an under 21 player with Swansea, a team in the division above. Surely that means Samuel is an even better player??

See if you can figure out why these situations aren't the same.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#1436 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

See if you can figure out why these situations aren't the same.

You should know by now, that even if his argument is absolute nonsense, as long as it suits his agenda, he'll run with it. This is what makes him the gift that keeps on giving.

#1437 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

And?? Findlay has been given a shot at Newcastle United u-21 level.. along with god knows how many other boys.

I'll stick to Findlay not being a 'great' player. If he establishes himself as a regular in either of the top 2 divisions in England I'll admit I was wrong. Until then... shhhhh.

Please, do inform us of the Celtic, and to a lesser extent Rangers, youth players that are released and then picked up by semi-credible outfits? Considering most wash up at League 1 & 2 Scottish teams, Championship if they're lucky, I'd wager Findlay has something about him for a reasonably big club in Newcastle to pick him up, on a free or not.

Comparing him with Samuel doesn't work either, considering Alex has been in Swansea's youth system for years now, and that Swansea are a much smaller, less established club than Newcastle.

#1438 Dr Zhivago

Dr Zhivago

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

Please, do inform us of the Celtic, and to a lesser extent Rangers, youth players that are released and then picked up by semi-credible outfits? Considering most wash up at League 1 & 2 Scottish teams, Championship if they're lucky, I'd wager Findlay has something about him for a reasonably big club in Newcastle to pick him up, on a free or not.

Comparing him with Samuel doesn't work either, considering Alex has been in Swansea's youth system for years now, and that Swansea are a much smaller, less established club than Newcastle.

If Samuel wasn't rated he'd have been freed by Swansea.. they have a clear-out at youth levels every year. So, everything would point to Samuel having more potential... and he's an ok player. 

I did write that I'd gladly see Findlay back at Cappielow, as he would be a decent player for our level.

Findlay possibly picked up by Newcastle as a 'nothing to lose', got a 'good pedigree' having been with Celtic.. and earning the almost automatic youth level caps that come with it.  

What's the big deal? I said I didn't think Findlay was a great player... and I'll stick by that  -_-  :smartass:

Edit: Obviously loads of u21 players released by Celtic & Rangers have gone on to have very good careers. Keeping a Morton theme though, Alex Mathie and John Spencer both did very well after being deemed not good enough. Both of them were far better players than Findlay though.

Edited by Dr Zhivago, 08 July 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#1439 mortonfc123

mortonfc123

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:25 PM

Anyone heard anything about new signings?

#1440 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6002 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

If Samuel wasn't rated he'd have been freed by Swansea.. they have a clear-out at youth levels every year. So, everything would point to Samuel having more potential... and he's an ok player. 

I did write that I'd gladly see Findlay back at Cappielow, as he would be a decent player for our level.

Findlay possibly picked up by Newcastle as a 'nothing to lose', got a 'good pedigree' having been with Celtic.. and earning the almost automatic youth level caps that come with it.  

What's the big deal? I said I didn't think Findlay was a great player... and I'll stick by that  -_-  :smartass:

Edit: Obviously loads of u21 players released by Celtic & Rangers have gone on to have very good careers. Keeping a Morton theme though, Alex Mathie and John Spencer both did very well after being deemed not good enough. Both of them were far better players than Findlay though.

Or, much like McManus, who doesn't appear to be rated at Fleetwood, he's still under contract at Swansea and they'd rather shift him back out on loan or away permanently than pay up his contract in full, as any sensible business would do  :1eye: .

#1441 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2206 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:41 PM

Regarding Mathie & Spencer - That happened in the 90s, youth football is drastically different now. Hence why there's barely any recent moves simillar to Findlays.

#1442 Deano1874

Deano1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3158 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:17 PM

We've heard that before :lol:

Away in a manger, 

No crib for a bed, 

The little Lord Jesus stood up and he said, 

Brian Wake m'Lord, Brian Wake.

#1443 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15928 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

Attached File  283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.jpg   32.59KB   0 downloads

#1444 vikingTON

vikingTON

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15928 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:33 PM

What's the big deal? I said I didn't think Findlay was a great player... and I'll stick by that -_- :smartass:

Attached File  283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.jpg   32.59KB   0 downloads

#1445 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5382 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

Regarding Mathie & Spencer - That happened in the 90s, youth football is drastically different now. Hence why there's barely any recent moves simillar to Findlays.

Also I don't see how he can compare mathie and Spencer to findlay. Looking back both had good careers (arguably very good in mathie case) whereas findlay is still young and at the beginning of his career. He may turn out to be a first team regular for Newcastle and move onto bigger things.
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#1446 Chesh

Chesh

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

We're due to play 2 trialists today. Duffy won't give any names though.

1 is a midfielder and 1 is a wide player.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

#1447 Tubes

Tubes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Missing the game today, a few trialists will add a bit of interest to everyone crammed into main stand. Will be interesting to see who they are.

Edited by Tubes, 09 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

#1448 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

Missing the game today, a few trialists will add a bit of interest to everyone crammed into main stand. Will be interesting to see who they are.

Probably the usual diehards.

#1449 mortonfc123

mortonfc123

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

Anyone have any idea who these trialists are?

#1450 The Bewilderedbeast

The Bewilderedbeast

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5592 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

Anyone have any idea who these trialists are?

We're due to play 2 trialists today. Duffy won't give any names though.
1 is a midfielder and 1 is a wide player.

😎

φέρει στο Μίρεν st

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users