4567 replies to this topic

#2026 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2656 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:59 PM

Am sure if hardie spoke to Barry McKay he wouldn't have much good things to say about club and us fans.

I'm sure if Hardie spoke to any Morton fan we wouldn't have much good things to say about McKay and rightly so. Heartless wee s***ebag who thought he was too good to be here.

#2027 macca937

macca937

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

Yip I agree. Look at him now though

#2028 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3247 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:07 PM

https://t.co/mi2uWQblz4

#2029 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6349 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:10 PM

Am sure if hardie spoke to Barry McKay he wouldn't have much good things to say about club and us fans.

Yet Hardie was at Raith Rovers last season, whose fans absolutely hated McKay for the same reasons we did during his loan spell there. Case dismissed.

#2030 macca937

macca937

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

The support for the players on sat was superb. Duffy couldn't ask for anything better.

#2031 port-ton

port-ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8537 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

He plays for Rangers. A club steeped in sectarianism and home to some of the most knuckle dragging fans in world football who managed to spoil their biggest day in a generation by destroying a city.

But I'm sure Wee Barry told Hardie about how nasty Morton fans didn't like their players who played in one of the worst and most embarrassing teams in their clubs history and how they had the nerve to boo when their team conceded 10 goals in a match.
Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

#2032 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3860 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

"There is so much negativity goes on, particularly on the social network sites, that it would be good if people were vocal about the positive side. I can’t really do anything about that, but what I am doing is sticking up for the players because they deserve credit.”

Who's the grass?

Edited by TONofmemories, 25 July 2016 - 07:28 PM.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#2033 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2656 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

"There is so much negativity goes on, particularly on the social network sites, that it would be good if people were vocal about the positive side. I can’t really do anything about that, but what I am doing is sticking up for the players because they deserve credit.”

Who's the grass?

Lee Wallace.

#2034 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3247 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:01 PM

Buckled at the thought of Duffy reading this message board. Wonder what he makes of the hounding of Dr Zhivago?

#2035 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2885 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:08 PM

Buckled at the thought of Duffy reading this message board. Wonder what he makes of the hounding of Dr Zhivago?

Can you be sure JD is not Dr Z?

Edited by HamCam, 25 July 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#2036 big B

big B

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2184 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

Who's the grass?

Yes the players do deserve credit BUT just maybe if the board showed more ambition the fans would not be so negative.

#2037 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3860 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

Lee Wallace.

This.

Pass it on

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#2038 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4567 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:33 PM

I totally agree with Duffy. I don't understand why fans have been just so negative about things. We're absolutely short on depth but we've got quite a few things really going for us at the moment. Tidser's back and will be an upgrade on McKee. Forbes was tremendous on Saturday and is a good player at this level. Russell is the best left back we've had in a long long time. Players like O'Ware, Kilday, and Lamie are improving all the time. Oliver put in a very encouraging performance on Saturday. We have good young players like Jai, and are actually now a club actually capable of producing football players (which is a massive change on recent history).

While we need to make additions, and while there are certainly concerns, we have little reason not to trust Duffy at this point. Who knows, this might be the year it all goes wrong, but I doubt it. We've got plenty of reasons to be positive. Perhaps above all else, for the first time in a long time we aren't a club who is going to overspend to underachieve.

I can't believe I'm actually warming to Duffy.

#2039 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16350 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:55 PM

Toby and SpoonT vying for that vital Chief Happyclapper role before we get the league underway. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

kenmasters.jpg

#2040 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16623 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:48 PM

It's quite difficult to buy into the "it's all fine" line now - what with manager stating on Friday that he has failed to sign any of fourteen targets for the forward position. Which is really not the sign of a smooth operation being shamefully set upon by the big, bad fans.

Our defence is looking impressive and we're defending quite well as a team as well. Those are undoubted positives which is why talk of relegation has been wide of the mark IMO. Destroying an absolutely gubbins Kilmarnock side doesn't make us world beaters going forward though: there's still a lot of work to do.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#2041 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6349 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

Toby and SpoonT vying for that vital Chief Happyclapper role before we get the league underway.

Think I preferred last week's comparisons between myself and Peter Tobin tbh.

#2042 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4567 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

It's quite difficult to buy into the "it's all fine" line now - what with manager stating on Friday that he has failed to sign any of fourteen targets for the forward position. Which is really not the sign of a smooth operation being shamefully set upon by the big, bad fans.

Our defence is looking impressive and we're defending quite well as a team as well. Those are undoubted positives which is why talk of relegation has been wide of the mark IMO. Destroying an absolutely gubbins Kilmarnock side doesn't make us world beaters going forward though: there's still a lot of work to do.

I certainly wouldn't want to give the impression that everything is fine. I think we need a target man, a wide player, and a defensive addition as a minimum. A couple of key injuries could be a disaster, we're really lacking in depth. In think 5 new players are needed to get us competing where we should be at the end of the season.

Also, one of the reasons I want too downbeat going into the Killie match was that Clark seems to be going down a guaranteed to fail route - they were very much as bad as I suspected they would be. Saturday was a sign that there are some real positives, rather than things being positive as such. We're going into a competitive league, and will need a stronger squad to manage the league season. I think that's what Duffy had also expressed.

My greatest concern going into this season, and I'm sure what many others will be concerned about, is that we didn't take enough points from the better teams last season. Failing to beat Raith and St Mirren wasnt really acceptable. I realise we still have big improvements to make. But, unlike with Moore, we're not solely at the mercy of the players we manage to bring in - at least Duffy had them organised (in his own Duffyball way).

#2043 Deano1874

Deano1874

BRING HIM HOME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3348 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Fully expect members of The Clique to be appointed into Duffy's backroom staff now we know he reads the board.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

#2044 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3247 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Fully expect members of The Clique to be appointed into Duffy's backroom staff now we know he reads the board.

Morton are in serious danger of becoming football's WCW then.

Edited by TheGoon, 25 July 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#2045 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7806 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:55 AM

I think everyone's been quick to praise the team for their performance on Saturday, even more so in the case of players who've been criticised previously like Quitongo, and rightly so.

It's still undeniable though that we have a weaker squad than last season, with a harder league to compete in. Obviously there are signings to come so with the success of late July/August signings in previous years we can be hopeful that Duffy will deliver again, but the point stands that we need to be better than last season to consolidate: only taking 2 points from St.Mirren, 1 point from Falkirk, 0 from Raith again won't be enough to keep us clear of relegation if Dunfermline and/or QoS join that mid-table pack we can't beat rather than being the source of points Livingston, Alloa, Dumbarton & QoS were last season.

The quality of the defence - even without another centre back coming in - gives us a solid foundation and that can be crucial in grinding out points against a similar standard of side so there's cause for optimism there. Saturday's display has certainly created confidence about the ability of the players already at the club to contribute in an attacking sense too, but despite that it's reasonable to say we're still a minimum of four players away from being good enough just to stand still.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#2046 TRVMP

TRVMP

Pie Rolls for Pyros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20243 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:30 AM

There's no need to panic but also zero cause for complacency. I would add that being supportive of the team is something they've earned at this point. At Cliftonhill I only heard booing at the very end, and a smattering at half time. Granted there was no singing or anything but the football was awful. The point is that it's generally a young squad, they're off the back of an excellent result, and they've earned a bit of time. That doesn't change the fact that we need more players (Duffy himself says 2-3 or more, and we know one will be a forward).

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#2047 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5650 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:51 AM

Looks like we dodged a bullet with nade. He looked done last night. Very unfit and seemed to chuck it early on.
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#2048 big B

big B

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2184 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:26 AM

Looks like we dodged a bullet with nade. He looked done last night. Very unfit and seemed to chuck it early on.

Agreed looks well unfit.

#2049 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3860 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

Duffy to rule over a few trialists this evening, but will keep the details close to his chest.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#2050 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2656 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:55 AM

Duffy to rule over a few trialists this evening, but will keep the details close to his chest.

Probably players from that academy that we play every season. I'd imagine anyone decent in Scotland is already signed up and won't be needing trials to win a contract. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users