Highest Reputation Content

#1046413 The Renfrewshire Derby

Posted by Toby on 01 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

Today is zero days since Morton last beat St. Mirren.

#1040362 Clubs' Own Online Video/audio Coverage Of The Spfl Championship

Posted by TRVMP on 15 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

It is now scientastically proven that we are absolutely dung at everything:

Xfap5fY.png

As you can see we are the only club in the division to not only fail to offer home highlights, but to also offer absolutely nothing at all. My hope by publicizing this is that we can see this change.

Of course a new member of staff starts at Cappielow today and I'm quite sure he's aware of all this but it's still worth pointing out.

A few explanatory notes and a few interesting points:

• The above is for season 2016-17 only and for official sources only. Therefore unofficial webcasts etc. are not included, and (in Morton's case) the manager interviews are not included as they seemingly stopped before the end of the 2015-16 campaign.
  • Dundee United, Falkirk, and Hibs all charge for match highlights. I think this is a remnant of the SPL days.
  • Only one club - St. Mirren - offers home highlights but not away highlights. Everyone else lugs a camera with them.
  • Everyone (except Morton) offers at least something extra. Queen of the South has interviews with managers and players in audio format, and some teams offer press conferences etc. on YouTube. There are quite a few differing approaches.
  • Sack the board.

edit: replaced image to fix an error. Raith were listed as having no audio commentary but in fact they do offer this.

edit 2: added Hibs and St. Mirren to live audio commentary. Hibs apparently offer this but it's not advertised on their Hibs TV page - I found it on hibs.net. St. Mirren offer at least home commentary. Last season they did offer away commentary, and as they've had only one away game this season and not covered it, I assume they plan to do so here as well, but we'll see as time goes on. If they don't, I'll update the chart to make it clear it's home only.

#1046022 Morton V Ayr

Posted by irnbru on 30 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

A tw#t is another name for a "Fanny". Well done!

You're a dick.

We are a great club and today is one of the reasons I love being a morton fan. Guys like you can **** right off.

#1044553 Hampden- Pre Match

Posted by capitanus on 18 October 2016 - 07:31 PM

That probably counts you out Pillsbury.  :)

At least i'll be there.  :)

LinwoodNonce won't be attending Morton's biggest Cup game in decades.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all folks.

#1046802 Falkirk V Morton

Posted by dunning1874 on 04 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

There's a guard of honour, wreath layering ceremony and a minute's silence amomgst other things before this. We've been asked to take our seats early to avoid disruption...

The annual occurrence of football clubs doing more and more at this time of year related to Remembrance Day really doesn't come across as the dignified remembrance of war dead it's supposed to be about. Wreaths, poppies on tops, poppies on armbands, guards of honour and even card displays at a football game just come across as tacky, mawkish attempts to outdo other clubs which verge on disrespectful, far more so than doing nothing as most clubs did as recently as 10 years ago.

If a game falls on the 11th have a minute's silence, otherwise leave it for proper ceremonies to commemorate the occasion. There's really no need for a full blown memorial service at any football game, let alone a week before Remembrance Day.

#1041892 Next Seasons Away Strip Designed And Chosen By Fans

Posted by EanieMeany on 01 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

A new Morton social club would be full of whoppers like the people on here.

If it was like on here, there would be a few mouthpieces giving it large at the bar, a larger but still insignificant crowd of folk in a corner all muttering "if you weren't holding me back" into their pints and avoiding eye contact with the mob at the bar, a smattering of normal people and mortonjag dancing about in his boxers like yon guy in Still Game because some said the word "Trust" whilst LinwoodTon sniffed the seat he vacated in his madness.

Not that far removed from the Norseman as is, then.

#1037524 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by Scott on 25 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

"There is so much negativity goes on, particularly on the social network sites, that it would be good if people were vocal about the positive side. I canโ€™t really do anything about that, but what I am doing is sticking up for the players because they deserve credit.โ€

Who's the grass?

Lee Wallace.

#1048551 The Latest Historical Sex Abuse Cases Rocking Football

Posted by Toby on 27 November 2016 - 05:45 PM

Richard gough , was that ever proven or appropriately covered up?

As to Toby's remark about the chairman, I most certainly have no bitterness towards him , I know he hasn't always got things right in the past but I have nothing but admiration for the gent. Can I also categorically state that Mr Rae never at any time try to cover up the Peodo Norris incident. Imo it was dealt with swiftly and correct. The club at the time could do no more. That said things have changed since the peodo saville enquiry so don't be surprised if the going ons of Norris is brought back to the surface. I'd also like to stress this post has nothing to do with Celtic FC nor me point scoring . This is about victims who never had there cases recognised back in the Torbett days. These people deserve justice and the only way it will come about is constant exposure of the alleged crimes these monsters executed for there own self pleasures. As I say it's not about hating Celtic , who I congratulate on winning the cup today achieving their club their 100tg trophy, although I'd have settled for a dons win any day.

The first sentence, on the opening post of this thread, mentions "Ceptic Boys Club".

This whole thread has everything to do with Celtic, and everything to do with your juvenile attempts to point score over a club you despise. You're a cretin.

#1047225 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by stuart on 10 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Tiffoney? I think he's on loan now.

#1034404 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by cappiecat on 09 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

I'm heading to France for euros.

I get them from the post office, it's cheaper.

#1033959 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by Ray Von on 31 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Striker.

I thought he was a right winger?

#1051782 Do We Really Want The Skunks Relegated

Posted by TONofmemories on 31 December 2016 - 07:09 PM

The flood announcement btw๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Floods aye; floods of salty Div tears

#1051521 Bah Kee Stan

Posted by Cartoon Head on 30 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

PA150034.jpg

#1051066 Gmt

Posted by capitanus on 27 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Keep it going pie muncher, you're the man.   :thumbup2:

I like a pie. I had Steak Pie today, it made a nice change after all that Turkey. :)

Did you enjoy your Golden Drummers with your Spaghetti Hoops on Christmas Day?

#1046590 The Morton Fc Song Sheet

Posted by port-ton on 02 November 2016 - 04:31 PM

good to hear a vocal home support and the singing of some new numbers .On the down side I think the songs directed to the Skunks ball pickerouter was way OTT in todays society. How can we encourage young families to come along to whats supposed to be a "family" club when fans are singing " Jamie Langfields wife's  a wh*re and sheep shagging  ****s. Then there was the individual chants to the girl in pink been a slapper. Just an observation, perhaps the club should get a message out this is not acceptable in todays game.

Supports Rangers. Complains about the chanting at Morton games without a hint of irony.

#1044548 Morton V Aberdeen: Lc Semi Final

Posted by capitanus on 18 October 2016 - 07:16 PM

Someone at the club told my mate last night that the North Stand was almost sold out and if people leave it much later they'll only be able to get the more expensive tickets.

You dont have a mate, only a groomer.

#1041899 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by AyrshireTon on 01 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

Pleased to hear that we continue to irritate the s*** out of the Fergie family.

#1037099 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by TONofmemories on 21 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

IMG-20160721-WA0032.jpg

#1035739 Squad For Next Season.

Posted by vikingTON on 08 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

He's not a great player. Celtic wouldn't be releasing him if he was...

He seems a good player for Championship level.. and bang average for the likes of Killie.

283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.j

Could it really be any simpler? If he was a 'great player', as quoted, he would have been playing for Celtic last year, not punted out to Killie, then released (safe to say he has been released and not turned down a new lucrative contract from the biggest team in the country, that offer far higher wages than he'd get anywhere else).

I thought he was a decent player, but I've seen umpteen better playing in defence for Morton. Wouldn't mind seeing him back at Cappielow, he's probably about our standard of player i.e. not 'great'.

I didn't limit it to central defenders. Thinking of a central defender of a similar age... Brian Reid was a much better player at the same stage of his career (got a move to a very strong Rangers team based on his performances).

Findlay was surrounded by such poor players, that being competent made him stand out.

If you're with Celtic or Rangers you're always more likely to get international recognition at youth levels, whether or not you're actually a better player than someone playing elsewhere. So you're right, statistics don't tell the whole story..

All about opinions, I'd say Reid was a far stronger and more imposing centre-half than Findlay. We'll see where Findlay ends up, but doesn't seem to be heading in the right direction career-wise. 

#1031778 Thread About Ex Player

Posted by Toby on 03 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Ten years on, and after spending the whole season in the play off positions without threatening to actually win the league, former manager Jim McInally's Peterhead fail spectacularly at the first hurdle once we get down to the nitty gritty. Can't think where I've seen this story before.

Another play off failure for oor Jim, better hope there are no sectarian bigots that are losing their patience in the Peterhead support.

Fantastic :D .