Photo

Named As One Of Many Businesses Failing To Pay Minimum Wage - Thoughts ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TonInDublin

TonInDublin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6906 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

http://www.dailyreco...-named-11657337
Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

#2 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

My thoughts are: what a strike by James Gourlay.

We take the lead. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#3 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

Pretty minor stuff. Just shows how the once proud Inland Revenue have declined post mergers when this pap gets published, while real evaders and avoiders steal tens of thousands with little or no publicity on the rare occasions they, the evaders in particular, get nabbed.

#4 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17313 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

Pretty minor stuff. Just shows how the once proud Inland Revenue have declined post mergers when this pap gets published, while real evaders and avoiders steal tens of thousands with little or no publicity on the rare occasions they, the evaders in particular, get nabbed.

There speaks the chief advisor at HMRC, who confidently announced that the individuals implicated in The Big Tax Case at Rangers (deceased) would be hauled up in front of the courts as well. Which never happened, because you are a fantasist.

Sad!

Edited by vikingTON, 08 December 2017 - 02:26 PM.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#5 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

There speaks the chief advisor at HMRC, who confidently announced that the individuals implicated in The Big tax Case at Rangers (deceased) would be hauled up in front of the courts as well. Which never happened, because you are a fantasist.

Sad!

Things take time dear boy. Just be patient and you will see, i didn’t actually say they would be hauled up in front of the Courts by the way. I said they would be pursued as individuals. They have the option of settling voluntarily, proceedings will only take place if they dispute liability.

How is completion of your own self assessment return getting on or do you still have permanent state sponger status?

#6 TonInDublin

TonInDublin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6906 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

I clearly hit return three times this morning at Tel Aviv airport ! Can admin please delete my other two screw ups please !  

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

#7 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17313 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Things take time dear boy. Just be patient and you will see, i didn’t actually say they would be hauled up in front of the Courts by the way. I said they would be pursued as individuals. They have the option of settling voluntarily, proceedings will only take place if they dispute liability.

How is completion of your own self assessment return getting on or do you still have permanent state sponger status?

Time enough for you to be outed as a delusional fantasist. Case closed.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#8 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

Ed opened the petty crash drawer at Endemol this morning and paid off all the companies' arrears. Now HMRC can focus on gargantuan institutions like "Rangers" again. Just you wait, Pieter Huistra will be doing the perp walk before long. Ed's never been wrong before!

Edited by TRVMP, 08 December 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#9 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Ed opened the petty crash drawer at Endemol this morning and paid off all the companies' arrears. Now HMRC can focus on gargantuan institutions like "Rangers" again. Just you wait, Pieter Huistra will be doing the perp walk before long. Ed's never been wrong before!

Oh dear Donut, That’s neither punchy nor even vaguely amusing. The delusion jibe seems to be a standard response when the numpties are unable to prove their own alleged reality.

Suggest you get on with declaring Grimsby as the capital of England, move your embassy there and bide yer wheesht.

#10 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

Oh dear Donut, That’s neither punchy nor even vaguely amusing. The delusion jibe seems to be a standard response when the numpties are unable to prove their own alleged reality.
Suggest you get on with declaring Grimsby as the capital of England, move your embassy there and bide yer wheesht.

Can you prove your alleged reality of being a hotshot executive at Endemol, a legal expert with a direct line to HMRC, and directorships at all of Europe's top clubs?

Do you like Abba?

#11 cmdc

cmdc

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4630 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

On individual liability I don’t think Ed has been far wrong - I’m sure HMRC will be considering whether/how to switch liability to individuals (and I know that some players have taken advice/action (eg protecting assets) as a result). I probably wouldn’t expect to see that play out in court though - what you might see in court is (if - big if - this comes to pass) players then suing those who advised them to take EBT-type loans.

#12 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:15 PM

On individual liability I don’t think Ed has been far wrong - I’m sure HMRC will be considering whether/how to switch liability to individuals (and I know that some players have taken advice/action (eg protecting assets) as a result). I probably wouldn’t expect to see that play out in court though - what you might see in court is (if - big if - this comes to pass) players then suing those who advised them to take EBT-type loans.

I don't necessarily disagree (see this thread), it's just funny to point out that Ed's a shut-in weirdo with no professional links to any of this stuff, but likes to pretend he's Britain's foremost tax authority.

Do you like Abba?

#13 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:06 PM

I don't necessarily disagree (see this thread), it's just funny to point out that Ed's a shut-in weirdo with no professional links to any of this stuff, but likes to pretend he's Britain's foremost tax authority.

“I don’t necessarily disagree”. What sort of weasely equivocation is that Donut? It implies there are unspecified bits you agree with and other unspecified bits you don’t. Or maybe you just don’t have a clue? Come on, pick the fence splinters out of your backside and give us some detail.

#14 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

“I don’t necessarily disagree”. What sort of weasely equivocation is that Donut? It implies there are unspecified bits you agree with and other unspecified bits you don’t. Or maybe you just don’t have a clue? Come on, pick the fence splinters out of your backside and give us some detail.

If you go back to the thread I linked to you'll see my thoughts on it.

Do you like Abba?

#15 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14332 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Looks like the club have been telling porkies.

http://www.greenockt...over_pay_issue/

A government spokesperson said: “Greenock Morton were ordered to pay back the arrears owed to the six workers affected. 

A club statement said: “However, once we were made aware of the situation, all players were promptly and fully reimbursed earlier this year.”

Talking of telling porkies. Didn't Sir Warren claim that the development squad were paid for from grants and not by the club?  

"The Tele understands the cash was owed to youth players."

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#16 TRVMP

TRVMP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

I think that's splitting hairs a little. In order to be paid by grants, the grants have to go somewhere first, they won't just go directly to the player. So the money will just be resting in Morton's account, as it were.

The youth players are also paid off the 2 pound surcharge for 'late' ticket purchases, if memory serves, which seems to me far more interesting.

Do you like Abba?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users