55 replies to this topic

#26 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

We all see this seasons lack of progression, and we're all disapointed in the obvious shortcomings in the squad.
I also know this season is not a write off yet.
I'm just not sure I see any benefit in 'hounding' Duffy at this stage, following last season. Disappointing yes, GTF, not yet.

The shame game at Ayr last season was fully justified and gave the manager, squad and board a boot up the arse to fix it. I’m convinced had there not been as much backlash from supporters that day Duffy wouldn’t have gone out and signed Gunning & Murdoch, who both turned out season around.

#27 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:53 AM

The shame game at Ayr last season was fully justified and gave the manager, squad and board a boot up the arse to fix it. I’m convinced had there not been as much backlash from supporters that day Duffy wouldn’t have gone out and signed Gunning & Murdoch, who both turned out season around.

These are facts. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#28 Alibi

Alibi

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11994 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:36 AM

These are facts. 

No they're not.  They're opinions, even if they are pretty much correct opinions.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

#29 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3232 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

No they're not.  They're opinions, even if they are pretty much correct opinions.

Indeed, facts are chiels that winna ding.

#30 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:39 PM

In light of no competitive fixture this weekend, since we're such a massive club we get to skip the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup, presumably there'll be a bounce game? Will be good to see if Luca is match fit.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#31 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21411 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Also, tickets on sale for the festive games:

https://gmfc.net/201...es-now-on-sale/

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#32 Madton

Madton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:04 PM

Jai and Tidser still out for Tues.

Oware back at least.
All in with a Doyle Brunson

#33 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16551 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:11 PM

This season really is a damp squib. Total letdown. Don't even know when I'll make another game and I'm struggling to care.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#34 macca937

macca937

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:09 PM

What is wrong with these guys they were doubtful about a month ago.

#35 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:10 PM

We have had a terrible run of injuries over the past couple of seasons.

#36 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1025 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

What is wrong with these guys they were doubtful about a month ago.

I think that after a series of injury problems each of Quitongo and Tidser are being given longer than normal in the hope that they can then be injury free in the longer term. As you say however this time around all that was said suggested nothing serious and that's a month out already for them.

#37 gmfc23

gmfc23

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:34 PM

Well these game have passed and produced 7 point which is pleasing considering the run we had been on fair play to duffy and the players however i wont be getting carried away just yet with 3 home games within the next month we really need to kick on from here

#38 Malt

Malt

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3477 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

I said to a few folk I would have taken 7 points. We need to look at getting some more players in. The squad is thin and a few more bodies would help us push for the playoffs.

#39 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16556 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

Forbes is still underperforming IMO and getting 90 minutes every week. Once Tidser is up to speed Forbes should be out the team. Play Thomson or Harkins or Tiffoney out right and get Tidser in the middle.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#40 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3004 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Forbes is still underperforming IMO and getting 90 minutes every week. Once Tidser is up to speed Forbes should be out the team. Play Thomson or Harkins or Tiffoney out right and get Tidser in the middle.

No chance should Harkins be out wide. He’s been very decent the past few weeks at CM. Agree on Forbes though. Tiffoney on the right, Thomson on the left?

#41 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Forbes needs dropped, but I don't think moving Harkins to wide right is the answer. Forbes hasn't kicked a ball since March last year and his lack of pace and inability to use his right foot was figured out a long time ago. I'd like to see us explore the loan market for a right midfielder come January. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

#42 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:50 PM

Forbes needs dropped, but I don't think moving Harkins to wide right is the answer. Forbes hasn't kicked a ball since March last year and his lack of pace and inability to use his right foot was figured out a long time ago. I'd like to see us explore the loan market for a right midfielder come January.

Two assists in as many games... just saying.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#43 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

Two assists in as many games... just saying.

How many goals has he contributed to since March? 

Just asking.

#44 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

How many goals has he contributed to since March?

Just asking.

You didn't mention goals.

I could agree if you were to suggest that he should've been dropped before now, but as it stands he's two assists in two. That's not worthy of dropping, imo.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#45 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

You didn't mention goals.

I could agree if you were to suggest that he should've been dropped before now, but as it stands he's two assists in two. That's not worthy of dropping, imo.

I said contributed to, as in scored or assisted. 

#46 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

I said contributed to, as in scored or assisted.

We're dealing in the present. He hasn't been dropped til now (rightly or wrongly) and as it stands he's contributing.

I'd rather have him in my team for this coming Saturday than not, especially as his last two assists have been from crosses.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#47 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

We're dealing in the present. He hasn't been dropped til now (rightly or wrongly) and as it stands he's contributing.

I'd rather have him in my team for this coming Saturday than not, especially as his last two assists have been from crosses.

He's still not contributed over a short period, say the last five games, to justify a starting slot. One assist from open play and one from a set-piece isn't a good enough return considering how restrictive his negative attributes are in open play. Like O'Ware, he is struggling to replicate his form, and contributions, from last season and we're suffering as a result. 

#48 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

He's still not contributed over a short period, say the last five games, to justify a starting slot. One assist from open play and one from a set-piece isn't a good enough return considering how restrictive his negative attributes are in open play. Like O'Ware, he is struggling to replicate his form, and contributions, from last season and we're suffering as a result.

We've managed to reach the same points as this point last season. I fail to see how that's struggling when compared with the previously campaign.

More likely that we're just not good enough.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#49 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16551 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:42 AM

O'ware is part of the second best defensive record in the division. Defensively he's been fine.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#50 shaddypeekey

shaddypeekey

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1812 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:22 AM

This season really is a damp squib. Total letdown. Don't even know when I'll make another game and I'm struggling to care.

I thought that was just me! I'm really struggling to get any va va voom for this season. The ticketing turnstile debacle doesn't help, as I refuse to pay £2 more than the guy next to me because I didn't know before 1300 if I had a babysitter for my kids.

It's a sad indictment that guys like us who've spent many years following the club are struggling to care!

Edited by shaddypeekey, 05 December 2017 - 09:24 AM.

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users