55 replies to this topic

#1 gmfc23

gmfc23

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:19 PM

After todays ****ing shambles we have dunfermline and falkirk away and brechin at home. Two defeats away and the board should really be calling time on duffy hes made an arse of the summer window and should'nt be allowed anywhere near the winter one. Time for fresh ideas in the dugout as well as the boardroom.

#2 Malt

Malt

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3477 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:20 PM

Can't see more than three points from these games. Falkirk win and the gap between us and them will,
Potentially, be down to 4 points.

#3 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3906 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

That Brechin game has unbelievable shame game potential.

#4 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Dunfermline will beat us, then we will draw with Falkirk (with Duffy giving it the usual 'tough place to go' pish). We will scrape past Brechin 2-1 and the whole saga will rumble on. 

Giving Duffy an extension was an absolutely disgraceful decision and I think anyone who was part of that decision should be facing some rather tough questioning.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

#5 Malt

Malt

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3477 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

We could easily fall into 8th position which is. It good enough. Again, we failed to build upon last season.

Thomson and Harkins have been extremely poor signings.

#6 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

We could easily fall into 8th position which is. It good enough. Again, we failed to build upon last season.

Thomson and Harkins have been extremely poor signings.

If it wasn’t for Harkins two goals we’d probably have 4 less points.

#7 gmfc23

gmfc23

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:15 AM

Harkins goals have helped us in the derby and the dunfermline games but for a player duffy could'nt wait to bring in hes been ****ing crap this first third of the season.

#8 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3177 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

After todays ****ing shambles we have dunfermline and falkirk away and brechin at home. Two defeats away and the board should really be calling time on duffy hes made an arse of the summer window and should'nt be allowed anywhere near the winter one. Time for fresh ideas in the dugout as well as the boardroom.

We won't get out of jail and rob Dunfermline this time.

We handed Falkirk, with an even bigger dinosaur than ours in the dugout, their only league win of the season so far. We're likely to hand Harley his first win as Falkirk boss too.

Then the Brechin game and things could get proper shameful.

#9 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4706 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:33 AM

We've not lost many away games this season, so I wouldn't be totally surprised to see us get a draw or two. We could really do with O'Ware bring back though. He's not been on the best form, but Barr gave away 3 or 4 goalscoring opportunities yesterday. Our squad just can't afford the injuries we have right now.

#10 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17313 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:29 PM

If it wasn’t for Harkins two goals we’d probably have 4 less points.

If we had a credible replacement for Lindsay in central midfield instead of an immobile, shan 'quarterback' then we'd have comfortably more points than we do now. A waste of resources and a poor signing then.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#11 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1344 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:35 PM

If we had a credible replacement for Lindsay in central midfield instead of an immobile, shan 'quarterback' then we'd have comfortably more points than we do now. A waste of resources and a poor signing then.

True, but we’re stuck with Harkins atm.

#12 Alan_Partridge_Ton

Alan_Partridge_Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:08 PM

Dunfermline will beat us, then we will draw with Falkirk (with Duffy giving it the usual 'tough place to go' pish). We will scrape past Brechin 2-1 and the whole saga will rumble on.

Giving Duffy an extension was an absolutely disgraceful decision and I think anyone who was part of that decision should be facing some rather tough questioning.

How’s the son?

#13 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

How’s the son?

WHAT!?

#14 BishopLenBrennan

BishopLenBrennan

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

Harkins has been a poor signing, particularly when we already have one immobile midfielder who relies on his set-piece threat to justify his place in the team. If we had signed more credible, mobile midfielders with genuine defensive attributes and allowed Harkins to simply be a back-up option in the 'number ten' role, I would have been fine with him signing. Like Barr, he's had far more game-time than his ability merits and there's only one person responsible for that. 

Edited by BishopLenBrennan, 05 November 2017 - 08:23 PM.

#15 Alan_Partridge_Ton

Alan_Partridge_Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:48 PM

WHAT!?

The son... the son of God!

#16 Dave ClifTON

Dave ClifTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

The son... the son of God!

How is Fernando these days, Alan?

"It's the insomniac's boyfriend, Mr David Clifton" - Alan "Jacka-naka-nory" Partridge, my old banter chum at Radio Norwich.

#17 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16556 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:20 AM

Our last good run of form ended in January. Since January we have won 7 of 30 league fixtures. Really not good enough. We've been pish for the best part of a year.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

#18 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3232 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

Our last good run of form ended in January. Since January we have won 7 of 30 league fixtures. Really not good enough. We've been pish for the best part of a year.

According to Duffy we have been unlucky for the best part of a year,

#19 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4676 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:19 AM

Can't wait to heat saturday's post mortem

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#20 Ashman

Ashman

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:25 AM

Oliver hasn’t scored for the best part of a year. Is he unlucky too? Time he got dropped

FTOF

#21 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3177 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:28 AM

Duffy's insight, with regards to Malky Mackay and Scotland, is that he is wrong to play players out of position.

:1eye: No irony there whatsoever with regards to our teamsheets over his time here.

https://www.thescott...rney-ryan-jack/

#22 livington

livington

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

Agree next 3 or 4 games are crucial. Not only to get points on board and move up table but we need to either trust Duffy during January window or allow someone else to have the chance.

#23 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3232 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

Agree next 3 or 4 games are crucial. Not only to get points on board and move up table but we need to either trust Duffy during January window or allow someone else to have the chance.

Duffy is going nowhere - he is probably invited round to DDFR's for Christmas. We have no choice but to trust the Duff despite not being convinced he is the man to take us forward.

#24 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17313 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:57 PM

The choice always available to this once-proud fanbase is to hound, and that moment will certainly be at hand by the end of the next three games (Brechin at home) if results get worse.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#25 Ton in Shawlands

Ton in Shawlands

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

We all see this seasons lack of progression, and we're all disapointed in the obvious shortcomings in the squad.
I also know this season is not a write off yet.
I'm just not sure I see any benefit in 'hounding' Duffy at this stage, following last season. Disappointing yes, GTF, not yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users