2230 replies to this topic

#51 capitanus

capitanus

THE RINGLEADER OF THE TORMENTORS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6821 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

^^^ There's another one. That's only 69 left to find. Does Salty stay in Inverclyde?
Posted Image

#52 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5791 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Raith fans on pie and bovril saying highest has left and the while squad has been told they can go. Sounds a bit extreme to me. Any players we'd be interested in? The boy Vaughan is a good player and I've always though Callachan was decent.
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#53 Tubes

Tubes

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

Would of taken Davidson a year or 3 ago. Vaughan has looked good, and played alongside Thomson at Dumbarton? So maybe a possibility, but would like to look a bit higher in terms of calibre.

Mark Stewart looked a player a few seasons back but looks absolutely honking now. Callachan is decent.

Hope we get some business done early again. Excited to potentially see what we end up with (nae s***e or pointless signings). Hopefully our profile has been raised slightly this season and we don't have to make 1228372 attempts to sign a striker like last year.

#54 Deano1874

Deano1874

BRING HIM HOME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3478 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

^^^ There's another one. That's only 69 left to find. Does Salty stay in Inverclyde?

No, he told the forum about his shagging exploits before he went in a huff and left the forum :lol:

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

#55 Mr.Blue

Mr.Blue

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5791 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

No, he told the forum about his shagging exploits before he went in a huff and left the forum :lol:

🤔
There's a storm on the horizon
And for that I can't see the sun
For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement
For the ice cream van to come

#56 Pedrodelawasp

Pedrodelawasp

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

How likely is it we'll be linked with McManus yet again?

Given his performances coming off the bench against us this season I'd be inclined to utilise the 'get in the sea' option.

Question: is he better than Shankland, though?

#57 Hej

Hej

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

Seen last week that Stefan Scougall and Marc McNulty have been released by Sheffield Utd. Always impressed me at Livingston, would take them in a heartbeat if they were willing ti drop their wage demands.

#58 Hej

Hej

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

How likely is it we'll be linked with McManus yet again?

Given his performances coming off the bench against us this season I'd be inclined to utilise the 'get in the sea' option.

Question: is he better than Shankland, though?

Unquestionably. We need strikers with a bit of pace and workrate to fit in with the style of play of this season. McManus wouldn't be the worst back-up for this system tbh.

#59 Deano1874

Deano1874

BRING HIM HOME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3478 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

Seen last week that Stefan Scougall and Marc McNulty have been released by Sheffield Utd. Always impressed me at Livingston, would take them in a heartbeat if they were willing ti drop their wage demands.

I'd take either in a heartbeat but I reckon they'd get Premiership clubs.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

#60 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3935 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

Scougall certainly could get a Premiership club, McNulty may be a decent shout though. Wages the obvious barrier though.

#61 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8086 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

They'll both find Premiership clubs no bother.

If Raith are indeed letting every single player find new clubs even if they're under contract, Duffy should be doorstepping Lewis Vaughan this morning. Quitongo, Oliver, Thomson and Vaughan would be a very strong set of forwards.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#62 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8086 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

What's the source on McDonagh being released by the way? His twitter's protected so if he's announced it on there I can't see it.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#63 Madton

Madton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Yeah announced on Twitter.
All in with a Doyle Brunson

#64 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Jamie Lindsay confirms he's back to Celtic for pre season. Suppose he's always going to do that but I'd be very surprised if we managed to get him back.

#65 Deano1874

Deano1874

BRING HIM HOME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3478 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:05 PM

I'd imagine Celtic would want to see how he can cope either in the bottom half of the Premiership.

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

#66 Pedrodelawasp

Pedrodelawasp

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

Jamie Lindsay confirms he's back to Celtic for pre season. Suppose he's always going to do that but I'd be very surprised if we managed to get him back.

Nesbitt tweeted what sounds pretty much like a cheerio for good message too.

#67 cmdc

cmdc

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4652 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Duffy has been pretty ruthless in the past where he has felt better is needed (e.g. Crighton and S McCluskey). I reckon he'll take a similar approach this summer. Not wholesale - but I don't think he'll be sentimental about who stays and who goes.

#68 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

Duffy has been pretty ruthless in the past where he has felt better is needed (e.g. Crighton and S McCluskey). I reckon he'll take a similar approach this summer. Not wholesale - but I don't think he'll be sentimental about who stays and who goes.

Was it not Mccluskey who turned down a new deal?

#69 Mr Toon

Mr Toon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1043 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Yes it was.

#70 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3060 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

Was it not Mccluskey who turned down a new deal?

He did but I liked the fact Duffy gave him a deadline and didn't let him muck as around looking elsewhere then coming back after receiving no better offers.

#71 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17438 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:46 PM

That's not ruthless at all.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#72 cmdc

cmdc

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4652 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:51 PM

Sorry - wrong brother, I meant Jamie.

#73 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:22 PM

Binning 2 weak players from the team that struggled to get over the line in League 1 is anything but ruthless. Ruthless would have been binning half the team, a scenario that most fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid about.

Ruthless does not involve handing Scullion and Kudus new 6 month deals after contributing next to nothing meaningful in the first half of the season.

Duffy has been far from ruthless. I fear that will continue and Shankland will be given a deal the minute Aberdeen rightfully bin him. If that happens, it's TTG Jim from the off.

#74 cmdc

cmdc

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4652 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:24 PM

Binning 2 weak players from the team that struggled to get over the line in League 1 is anything but ruthless. Ruthless would have been binning half the team, a scenario that most fans wouldn't have batted an eyelid about.

Ruthless does not involve handing Scullion and Kudus new 6 month deals after contributing next to nothing meaningful in the first half of the season.

Duffy has been far from ruthless. I fear that will continue and Shankland will be given a deal the minute Aberdeen rightfully bin him. If that happens, it's TTG Jim from the off.

You'd sack him, right there and then, on the spot. That's pretty ruthless.

#75 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3330 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Nesbitt tweeted what sounds pretty much like a cheerio for good message too.

Both of those are complete non-stories. What else are they supposed to say? Their loans are up, they are going back to Celtic, they posted a token thanks and goodbye.

None of that has made the chance of them coming back any less or more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users