164 replies to this topic

#126 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3555 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:41 AM

Someone has to define "God" first then we can see whether his/her existence is proven, disproved or not proven. Then we might know whether the argument is about Jehovah, Buddha, Mohammed, Neptune, Apollo etc.

By the way I didn't intend to personalise when I used "you" earlier, I thought I was using it in the plural form but it would have been better to say ones.

Birthday caird pish. 

Have a red dot

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#127 TonInDublin

TonInDublin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6725 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

For the purposes of this thread we can leave the definition of God to Bigdoc, as apparently he has conclusive proof that the said God doesn't exist.

So when he publishes his facts and references, then we can we understand which definition of God was used to reach the conclusion.

So it's a bit of a circular argument till he does that to be honest. 

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

#128 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

Birthday caird pish. 

Have a red dot

Clear evidence here that the evolutionary process is completely unguided by any superior being and that gene mutation has taken place.
Sock puppets are for muppets.

#129 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

Not sure it is as simple as that. The existence of Santa is disproved only because those who made up his existence (for the purpose of creating a sense of expectation and happiness in children) admit he is a fiction at around the time children can figure things out for themselves. It is the same with god. You either go with the faith or you look at the empirical evidence. The latter consists solely of ancient scripts containing numerous allegorical and social messages which have gone through numerous translations and iterations. If you look at these and come to the conclusion it is all hokum then there is a strong case saying you prove god does not exist. But you will never be able convince a faith based believer particularly one who is unable to say what form god exists in.

Clear evidence here that the evolutionary process is completely unguided by any superior being and that gene mutation has taken place.

Have another 3 red ones, dickhead.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#130 Cet Homme Charmant

Cet Homme Charmant

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11809 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:50 PM

There is unanimous consensus in the serious science community (i.e., not including bogus creationist 'scientists') that the universe was created with the big bang from which planets were formed and all life on earth evolved. None of that however disproves the existence of deity. One could still argue that a deity created the big bang from which everything else developed, and scientifically disproving that 'theory' would be nigh on impossible.

The definition of a 'scientific theory' is somewhat different from normal meaning of theory. Even to have something classified as a 'scientific theory' there must already be very strong peer-reviewed empirical evidence to support it. Until then it's only considered to be a hypothesis. Only when empirical evidence is absolutely incontrovertible can a 'scientific theory' become 'scientific fact'. That's why the big bang and evolution are still classed as theories, something which is wrongly interpreted by some creationists to mean there's still a reasonable level of doubt as to their veracity. Even if the scientific consensus of something is 99.99%, while that 0.01% element of doubt exists it's not considered to be proven and it remains a scientific theory.

Therefore, despite Ed and Doc's assertions, there is no incontrovertible evidence to prove that a deity does not exist, and it's extremely unlikely there ever will be. So, in short, this is a totally pointless discussion.

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant, 30 December 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#131 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

There is unanimous consensus in the serious science community (i.e., not including bogus creationist 'scientists') that the universe was created with the big bang from which planets were formed and all life on earth evolved. None of that however disproves the existence of deity. One could still argue that a deity created the big bang from which everything else developed, and scientifically disproving that 'theory' would be nigh on impossible.

The definition of a 'scientific theory' is somewhat different from normal meaning of theory. Even to have something classified as a 'scientific theory' there must already be very strong peer-reviewed empirical evidence to support it. Until then it's only considered to be a hypothesis. Only when empirical evidence is absolutely incontrovertible can a 'scientific theory' become 'scientific fact'. That's why the big bang and evolution are still classed as theories, something which is wrongly interpreted by some creationists to mean there's still a reasonable level of doubt as to their veracity. Even if the scientific consensus of something is 99.99%, while that 0.01% element of doubt exists it's not considered to be proven and it remains a scientific theory.

Therefore, despite Ed and Doc's assertions, there is no incontrovertible evidence to prove that a deity does not exist, and it's extremely unlikely there ever will be. So, in short, this is a totally pointless discussion.

I didn't think I was making an argument that God did not exist. I am in the not proven camp on both creationist and scientific theories. I was simply curious as to the form etc that creationist thought God existed in. However if there is a creationist God his level of intervention is alarmingly low if the current state of the planet and mutants like Bob the Knob and Toby the t*** are anything to go by.

Edited by Ed de Ball, 30 December 2016 - 02:42 PM.

#132 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

I didn't think I was making an argument that God did not exist. I am in the not proven camp on both creationist and scientific theories. I was simply curious as to the form etc that creationist thought God existed in. However if there is a creationist God his level of intervention is alarmingly low if the current state of the planet and mutants like Bob the Knob and Toby the t*** are anything to go by.

Ooft. Your patter gets worse by the day.

#133 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13556 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:10 PM

To be fair, LargsTON was described to me yesterday as 'one of the good guys'.

He's probably just a knob on the internet.  :)

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#134 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

I am a good guy. You have to be a special kind of arsehole for me to take a dislike to you....which Ed is to be fair.

#135 TonInDublin

TonInDublin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6725 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

Why not introduce yourself at the next game and make your own kind up ?
Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

#136 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Ahem...

Nothing cowardly about Gordon Dyer.

Your turn:

chicken-dancing.gif

tumblr_m4ubagUYdE1rvszrdo1_400.gif

daffy_fapping.gif

Edit to add link:

http://www.greenockm...showtopic=42568

Edited by capitanus, 30 December 2016 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#137 Cartoon Head

Cartoon Head

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

PA150034.jpg

#138 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:10 PM

:lol:
Posted Image

#139 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

He is what he is. As a Morton fan his heart is in the right place it's just a pity his brain is mislocsted. He does at least engage if increasingly on a tediously childish level. Not like Mr T, the silent red dot assassin, **** knows what goes on in his head.

#140 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

He is what he is. As a Morton fan his heart is in the right place it's just a pity his brain is mislocsted. He does at least engage if increasingly on a tediously childish level. Not like Mr T, the silent red dot assassin, **** knows what goes on in his head.

RED DOT.

#141 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:24 PM

Red dot. 

RED DOT.

Greenie.
Posted Image

#142 Deano1874

Deano1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3231 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:25 PM

IOU one red dot, Dickhead.

Away in a manger, 

No crib for a bed, 

The little Lord Jesus stood up and he said, 

Brian Wake m'Lord, Brian Wake.

#143 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:26 PM

IOU one red dot, Dickhead.

Have a greenie.
Posted Image

#144 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:40 PM

-1414. I don't know how you can sleep at night.

#145 TRVMP

TRVMP

Gavin Gunning for the Supreme Court

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19714 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:48 PM

"Bad"

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#146 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

-1414. I don't know how you can sleep at night.

Quite easy really knowing there are at least eight of you out there even thicker and sadder than Ed. Bet you all believe that Homer Simpson is real. Make better use of whatever lives you have.

#147 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:12 PM

Quite easy really knowing there are at least eight of you out there even thicker and sadder than Ed. Bet you all believe that Homer Simpson is real. Make better use of whatever lives you have.

I'll cherish this advice, Ed.

#148 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6162 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

Quite happy to engage with you.

Although the mods swiftly deleted my last question to you. Will you back up or retract your post that categorically labelled me a sectarian and racist bigot, you snivelling little fuckwit?

#149 TRVMP

TRVMP

Gavin Gunning for the Supreme Court

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19714 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:21 PM

Just texted Homer, he said he doubts Ed had the backbone, then there were three little beer emojis.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#150 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

Quite happy to engage with you.
Although the mods swiftly deleted my last question to you. Will you back up or retract your post that categorically labelled me a sectarian and racist bigot, you snivelling little fuckwit?

As I told you before delighted to do so after you do likewise in respect of your own vile calumny earlier in that thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users