1334 replies to this topic

#1326 EanieMeany

EanieMeany

(DJ Set)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4486 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Yep, that pretty much sums up all that's been wrong with just about everything related to Morton since I first started watching the club, and probably long before that. Sad.

I don't get what the reason for such an aggressive response is though, nor do I understand why a fans' forum isn't a "credible" platform to discuss or raise concerns about the Community Trust, although your earlier labelling of folk who seem to be irritating you as "oddballs" might be an explanation for that one.

Why shouldn't concerned parties be using this forum as a platform to question those involved with the GMCT, when these guys openly post on here anyway? It's the most convenient and busiest platform to discuss all aspects of the club, whilst answering difficult questions and being harangued for a satisfactory answer goes with the territory of Chris's role.

We as a support have had so many false hopes, let downs, lies and disappointments down the years that it's perfectly reason able to be asking questions of folk involved with the club and it's associates in public.

Cut to the chase here: you know I'm not for a minute an easily pleased type. I simply think there's a lot wrong about the club and I don't think haranguing someone as genuine as Chris is a way to answer anything. I don't think there's anybody who will try their hardest to help the club or community aa much as Chris will and the sniping from the likes of Trvmp won't help.

Chris isn't the enemy here, he does more for the club than most people do and deserves a wee bit of credit.

This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style...if they win with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they ended up losing.

AWMSC

#1327 TaunTon

TaunTon

Luckless pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7642 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

Cut to the chase here: you know I'm not for a minute an easily pleased type. I simply think there's a lot wrong about the club and I don't think haranguing someone as genuine as Chris is a way to answer anything. I don't think there's anybody who will try their hardest to help the club or community aa much as Chris will and the sniping from the likes of Trvmp won't help.

Chris isn't the enemy here, he does more for the club than most people do and deserves a wee bit of credit.

I think everyone appreciates Chris as a thoroughly decent guy who does his best to answer questions that others are content to ignore.

#1328 EanieMeany

EanieMeany

(DJ Set)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4486 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Why shouldn't concerned parties be using this forum as a platform to question those involved with the GMCT, when these guys openly post on here anyway? It's the most convenient and busiest platform to discuss all aspects of the club, whilst answering difficult questions and being harangued for a satisfactory answer goes with the territory of Chris's role.

Also, the reason this messageboard isn't really a place that's likely to effect any kind of change is because pretty much every thread on it ends up being a slanging match between the same handful of people, some of whom would probably throw a strop if Morton signed Messi because it wasn't announced on Bebo.

I really don't know why cmdc bothers replying to things on here because it's patently obvious that some posters just like having a wee seeth about this and that. There's absolutely no obligation whatsoever for anyone involved with the club, the GMST or GMCT to post on this board; most people would probably take a cursory glance through a few threads and tell them not to bother. This forum might be fine for airing a grievance, but it's really not somewhere that will deliver answers or solutions to anything.

So again, if people really want answers about the feasibility study, go and email GMCT or write to the Tele or write to your MSP if you seriously (the mind boggles) think there's been some sort of wrong-doing with public funds. That's how you'll get answers, not by shouting into a forum echo chamber. If you're that bothered, do something productive about it that might deliver results, because ranting on about it on a forum that only a handful of people regularly post on really ain't going to cut it.

Edited by EanieMeany, 12 November 2017 - 09:51 AM.

This ugly, vulgar, hard, hermetic, hardly eye-catching, hardly football style...if they win with this they got satisfaction, fine, but they ended up losing.

AWMSC

#1329 irnbru

irnbru

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4415 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

I think everyone appreciates Chris as a thoroughly decent guy who does his best to answer questions that others are content to ignore.

I think he's a stupid idiot.

#1330 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6588 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Also, the reason this messageboard isn't really a place that's likely to effect any kind of change is because pretty much every thread on it ends up being a slanging match between the same handful of people, some of whom would probably throw a strop if Morton signed Messi because it wasn't announced on Bebo.

I really don't know why cmdc bothers replying to things on here because it's patently obvious that some posters just like having a wee seeth about this and that. There's absolutely no obligation whatsoever for anyone involved with the club, the GMST or GMCT to post on this board; most people would probably take a cursory glance through a few threads and tell them not to bother. This forum might be fine for airing a grievance, but it's really not somewhere that will deliver answers or solutions to anything.

So again, if people really want answers about the feasibility study, go and email GMCT or write to the Tele or write to your MSP if you seriously (the mind boggles) think there's been some sort of wrong-doing with public funds. That's how you'll get answers, not by shouting into a forum echo chamber. If you're that bothered, do something productive about it that might deliver results, because ranting on about it on a forum that only a handful of people regularly post on really ain't going to cut it.

This reads as more of a rant about this forum and it's general content than about posters on here raising legitimate questions.

So, you don't like the forum, and find some of the posters and content tedious, I get it. So do we just give up and not even bother discussing matters that are relevant to the support, even when there are guys posting on the forum who are in the position that they can shed a bit of light?

I don't know if you've mistaken me for someone that's got something against Chris, that couldn't be further from the truth. You also mention Nach0's attitude towards him which I'd suggest is along similar lines to my own. Like Nick, he's put his head above the parapet and as a result is being asked for answers. That doesn't mean anyone's got it in for them, it's because they've got information that's in the public interest (in most cases, of course there are some groomed zoomers).

If they're not prepared, or not able to divulge, by all means start sending e-mails, but as a first port of call, this is very much the place for the ordinary fan to go seeking answers to perfectly relevant questions.

Show Grasses The Red Dot.

#1331 TRVMP

TRVMP

Rocket Man! Sad!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21037 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, basically EanieMeanie is mad online for whatever reason and has tried (failed) to hide behind the GMCT. The target of his ire is, for reasons unknown, some people on the forum. Suffice it to say I don't care about the reasons and will continue to post as I've always done, and EM, if you don't like it, feel free to **** off or put me on ignore.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#1332 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16866 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:24 PM

maxresdefault.jpg

#1333 Alan_Partridge_Ton

Alan_Partridge_Ton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

I hate the devil, he’s an evil idiot.

#1334 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:38 AM

Have you bothered to raise any of your concerns?

Pretty much all of your posts on here since you lost interest in Morton are about the failings of the club...

It's a perfectly good platform for you to have your say from what i can see. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#1335 Malt

Malt

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3165 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:47 AM

EanieMeany invited Warren Hawke to meet him at the Linton Travel Tavern but a combination of a dodgy Ginsters, excessive Scrumpy and flash backs to his days in the middle east resulted in the meeting being cancelled.

I don't think he was wrong in saying there is a lot wrong about the club. I think this is a perfectly fine statement and one we could all expand upon.