360 replies to this topic

#351 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16431 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Yep, so there's no excuse for the club failing to understand how the process works by now. It has been going on every fortnight at Cappielow for years; only this season has seen delays for modest crowds though.

It looks like the club tried to cut back on turnstile staff in the summer, in anticipation of a ticketing scheme that was badly thought out and has been quietly ditched for now. If a larger home crowd that people are looking for actually turns up during the run-in, or even for the cup game on Saturday, the current setup for the Cowshed entrance wouldn't deal with it effectively. Get the turnstiles reopened.

Yep, so there's no excuse for fans failing to understand how the process works by now.

#352 TRVMP

TRVMP

Make Cappielow Great Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18925 posts

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

You can get away with telling people to show up early or they might not get in if you are an airport, or a massively in-demand, sell-out prospect. If you're a provincial Scottish football club failing to fill even 20% of your capacity, you can't get away with it. Or more accurately you can, but it'll end up hurting you in the end if you get your wish and half the town decides to show up one day.

At the age of 32, Alexander of Macedonia wept salt tears, for there were no more worlds to conquer.

Gavin Gunning is only 25.

#353 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted Today, 10:35 AM

Yep, so there's no excuse for fans failing to understand how the process works by now.

But the focus is on INCREASING attendances, attracting people that don't currently go.

#354 Stevie Aitken's Love Child

Stevie Aitken's Love Child

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7448 posts

Posted Today, 11:45 AM

But the focus is on INCREASING attendances, attracting people that don't currently go.

It's a non-issue though isn't it. If you were going somewhere for the first time, you'd not just roll up 2 seconds before it was due to start. The people showing up right on kick-off are generally those that are falling out of the Norseman, and if they do that, they need to be comfortable with the fact that they might miss the first few minutes.

Get there at 10 to 3. Don't see that as such a hardship tbh.

style3,Stevie-spc-Aitken.png

9d4a263b-e48e-4228-aede-00174c81f4ec_300

#355 Chesh

Chesh

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

I was there at 10 to 3 on Saturday and the queues where quite long, just got in as the teams where coming out.

I don't see the issue with opening one extra turnstile.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

#356 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted Today, 12:10 PM

I was there at 10 to 3 on Saturday and the queues where quite long, just got in as the teams where coming out.

I don't see the issue with opening one extra turnstile.

No idea what you were doing. I got there just after 2.50 and was in within about a minute.

#357 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16431 posts

Posted Today, 12:34 PM

You don't have to go in the correct gate, BTW.

#358 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4390 posts

Posted Today, 12:50 PM

You don't have to go in the correct gate, BTW.

The way people queue has been in issue in the past. There is some uncertainty with some fans about where they should be queuing, but the biggest problem can be that the queues at either end get really long while the middle ones are much shorter.

#359 Pedrodelawasp

Pedrodelawasp

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted Today, 12:53 PM

There was a steward calling on people to make sure they went to the right gate at the main stand entrance. She delivered her line with real conviction and I did as I was told.

#360 Specto

Specto

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 12:53 PM

I'm the same, got there at around 2.50 and got in just as the teams were coming out (didn't miss any of the game fortunately).

#361 IainMorton

IainMorton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8835 posts

Posted Today, 12:54 PM

The way people queue has been in issue in the past. There is some uncertainty with some fans about where they should be queuing, but the biggest problem can be that the queues at either end get really long while the middle ones are much shorter.

This. They really didn't think that through, should be the busiest gates in the middle and the quieter ones on the outside.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

8 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users