4567 replies to this topic

#3076 cotter

cotter

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:41 PM

A mix of first team & development team players played against a Mallorca academy team today - coached by Garry O'Connor and Ian Murray, with Derek Riordan up front for them :lol: . Going by the pictures it finished 1-1.

http://kennyramsay.p...0000gN1kA5t65yo

Heard 6-1 to us

#3077 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16521 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Many games has he started up front, 1 or two tops- the rest, albeit not many, have been out wide. Oliver had a few garbage games at the start and now look at him.

I'm not saying the guy is even remotely good BTW, I just feel like we brought him here as a striker, so let's see how he performs at dev level up top. If he can't cut it, move him on. If he scores a few goals,it breeds confidence and can become an impact sub for first team and see what happens.

Out wide, not for me. Neabitt or Tiffoney all day long.

Oliver isn't usually playing centre-forward, but behind Quitongo in a 4-4-1-1. Which is just as well: as he has been largely ineffective when playing in the centre-forward role.

We're now in the middle of a competitive league campaign. We cannot afford to spend three or four games putting some ringer in different positions, on the off chance that he will start delivering the goods. Particularly when he has shown none of the key attributes needed to suggest that he'd be any good at centre forward. Much like other players who had their opportunity earlier in the season to secure their place like Scullion, he had his chance and will now have to sit it out until those higher up in the pecking order do poorly. 

Edited by vikingTON, 08 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#3078 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2881 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

A mix of first team & development team players played against a Mallorca academy team today - coached by Garry O'Connor and Ian Murray, with Derek Riordan up front for them :lol: . Going by the pictures it finished 1-1.

http://kennyramsay.p...0000gN1kA5t65yo

The guy who runs the Mallorca Academy is the former manager of Selkirk and the guy that brought O'Connor to the club. Riordan is mates with O'Connor - he tried to encourage him to join up at Morton - money was the issue!

#3079 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2591 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:19 PM

The guy who runs the Mallorca Academy is the former manager of Selkirk and the guy that brought O'Connor to the club. Riordan is mates with O'Connor - he tried to encourage him to join up at Morton - money was the issue!

Delighted that horrible loser decided not to join our club that year. That squad was full of hopeless, uninterested arseholes only worried about their pay-packet, he'd have just been another one to add to that list. 

#3080 TRVMP

TRVMP

Pie Rolls for Pyros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20080 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:57 PM

Delighted that horrible loser decided not to join our club that year. That squad was full of hopeless, uninterested arseholes only worried about their pay-packet, he'd have just been another one to add to that list.

Couldn't agree more. And Riordan fancied himself too good for East Fife. Once upon a time he was, but not anymore.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#3081 Deego

Deego

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16696 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:59 PM

Was reading an article the other day with O'Connor saying he turned down Selkirk as well. He mentioned he thinks Riordan still thinks he could get a game for Hibs.

#3082 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4557 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:42 AM

Many games has he started up front, 1 or two tops- the rest, albeit not many, have been out wide. Oliver had a few garbage games at the start and now look at him.

I'm not saying the guy is even remotely good BTW, I just feel like we brought him here as a striker, so let's see how he performs at dev level up top. If he can't cut it, move him on. If he scores a few goals,it breeds confidence and can become an impact sub for first team and see what happens.

Out wide, not for me. Neabitt or Tiffoney all day long.

He's started 2 as a striker and 3 out wide in midfield. He was described as a winger at Hartlepool and a striker at Dundee Utd. I think it's probably fair to say that he's never managed to be convincing in any position. I'm not writing him off by saying that, but I'm not really sure what we brought him in as - maybe Duffy just thought he would be an option in both roles.

#3083 Madton

Madton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2060 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

Oliver isn't usually playing centre-forward, but behind Quitongo in a 4-4-1-1. Which is just as well: as he has been largely ineffective when playing in the centre-forward role.

We're now in the middle of a competitive league campaign. We cannot afford to spend three or four games putting some ringer in different positions, on the off chance that he will start delivering the goods. Particularly when he has shown none of the key attributes needed to suggest that he'd be any good at centre forward. Much like other players who had their opportunity earlier in the season to secure their place like Scullion, he had his chance and will now have to sit it out until those higher up in the pecking order do poorly. 

When did i say give him a chance at first team level. I agree that would be madness.

I said give him a run for the Dev team and see how he gets on. If he is still pish, then get rid.

All in with a Doyle Brunson

#3084 Deano1874

Deano1874

BRING HIM HOME

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3324 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

The Development League isn't of a high enough standard to judge how someone will perform in the Championship.

Away in a manger, 

No crib for a bed, 

The little Lord Jesus stood up and he said, 

Brian Wake m'Lord, Brian Wake.

#3085 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2617 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:42 PM

John Tennent recalled from his loan. Wonder why we have done that?

#3086 TRVMP

TRVMP

Pie Rolls for Pyros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20080 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:07 AM

I hear he's pint-sized but has a good head on his shoulders. A real can-do attitude.

Do you like Abba?

#3087 SramTon

SramTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2606 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:08 AM

I hear he's pint-sized but has a good head on his shoulders. A real can-do attitude.

You've just described him down to a T.

"I am proud to have introduced the Zagreb TV audience to Gekidan Kaitasha and their show Sadism, Masochism, Fascism, Fetishism, Feminism: Tokyo Discipline, where in one scene a naked, angry-looking female performer devoured and spat out an entire raw Savoy cabbage in front of a hungry-looking guinea pig trapped inside a glass jar." Vanda Butkovic, Firefly magazine.

#3088 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3154 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Scott Tiffoney has joined Clyde on loan.

#3089 TopCat

TopCat

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

Scott Tiffoney has joined Clyde on loan.

Unless Pepper and Tidser are back I don't get this at all. Kudus is honking. The loan will probably do Tiffoney good though.

#3090 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16303 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:41 PM

I don't understand that either. He's looked very good in all of his first team appearances, I thought he would have continued to be bled in over the season. And yeah he's much better than Kudus. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

kenmasters.jpg

#3091 TRVMP

TRVMP

Pie Rolls for Pyros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20080 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:44 PM

Presumably it's just a one-month loan?

Do you like Abba?

#3092 Hej

Hej

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 02:47 PM

Well hopefully he'll destroy that division and come back in January ready to make an impact.

He was MOTM against Clyde on his debut, IIRC. 

Edited by Hej, 10 November 2016 - 02:50 PM.

#3093 vikingTON

vikingTON

Award-winning fact-based analysis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16521 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:06 PM

It;s until January 4th so the best part of two months. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

#3094 GiGi

GiGi

Animal Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16303 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:28 PM

That when Nesbitt goes back to Celtic?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

kenmasters.jpg

#3095 Scott

Scott

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2591 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

That when Nesbitt goes back to Celtic?

Aye but hopefully we can extend that loan till the end of the season. He's done really well in the last few games.

#3096 dunning1874

dunning1874

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7775 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 04:51 PM

I've no objection to Tiffoney going to get first team football when he's not going to get a run of games here and is only going to fill in after injuries/suspensions, but it only makes sense from our perspective if Tidser and Pepper are both nearing fitness and can be used ahead of Oyenuga in the event any of Nesbitt, Murdoch, Forbes & Linday miss out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

#3097 Tonsilitis

Tonsilitis

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7106 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:01 PM

He's going to play alongside a couple of old heads like Peaso.  Good move for a few weeks.

#3098 stuart

stuart

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2744 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Tiffoney? I think he's on loan now.

#3099 TRVMP

TRVMP

Pie Rolls for Pyros

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20080 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:05 PM

159.gif

Do you like Abba?

#3100 El gofer

El gofer

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3187 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users