442 replies to this topic

#426 SpoonTon

SpoonTon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4483 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:50 PM

Morton can be really bad for having a lack of change. If there's an issue with queues, that's usually it. I, however, happened to have three fivers on Saturday - I was treated like a hero at the turnstile.

Buses are worse though. Handing over a note for a normal bus fare can lead to the passenger immediately being treated as hostile - may as well hand the driver a fresh turd.

#427 TheGoon

TheGoon

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

Morton can be really bad for having a lack of change. If there's an issue with queues, that's usually it. I, however, happened to have three fivers on Saturday - I was treated like a hero at the turnstile.

Buses are worse though. Handing over a note for a normal bus fare can lead to the passenger immediately being treated as hostile - may as well hand the driver a fresh turd.

Daring to step foot on a McGills bus gets you treated as hostile by the driver.

#428 Ray Von

Ray Von

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

For around 8 years it was golden casket employees, and latterly also some youth players who were manning the turnstiles.
They replaced the stewards (who were allegedly stealing from the club) and were paid a bit more because they were deemed trustworthy.
But after the St Mirren home game in November the club went back to stewards doing it, in a bid to cut costs, and there seems to have been less turnstiles open since then.

#429 axeman

axeman

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2119 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:28 PM

Talking about Golden Casket, they must have a wee deal going with the BBC. I was flicking through the channels last night & saw a couple of minutes of "Still Open All Hours", probably 2 minutes too many, but anyway inside the shop door there was a rack with packets of sweets & just about the whole middle row were bags of 'OnePounders'.

Also behind the counter was a clearly visible tub of Millions, the pink ones. Following the subliminal advertising I decided to switch over to the football
I'd love to have you both for dinner

#430 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

Talking about Golden Casket, they must have a wee deal going with the BBC. I was flicking through the channels last night & saw a couple of minutes of "Still Open All Hours", probably 2 minutes too many, but anyway inside the shop door there was a rack with packets of sweets & just about the whole middle row were bags of 'OnePounders'.
Also behind the counter was a clearly visible tub of Millions, the pink ones. Following the subliminal advertising I decided to switch over to the football

The time must have flown by that evening. :)

Next.
Posted Image

#431 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6162 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:27 PM

The difference is though that on a bus, to a certain extent you're a captive audience. You could go up the street and find a train station, especially in Greenock, but is it really worth the hassle for the sake of a quid or so?

Morton aren't a captive audience though, there's far too many other forms of entertainment available for the onus not to be on the club to get this sorted. Considering the only change they actually need are pound coins it shouldn't be a massive problem for them.

To be fair though, after years of "we're listening", the club have acted on a lot of things in recent times so hopefully it's something that will be addressed.

#432 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Got to the front of the queue at bang on 3pm and was told they had not change of a 20. The worker in the turnstyle firstly asked if anyone behind me could loan me a fiver! Then when they all hounded her, she said I had to go out and get in another turnstlyle!! The queue behind was still massive, so no way was I going back out again. Stood my ground and got in for a tenner. Shambles.

Yeah. I handed over £20 and got £10 change.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#433 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

The difference is though that on a bus, to a certain extent you're a captive audience. You could go up the street and find a train station, especially in Greenock, but is it really worth the hassle for the sake of a quid or so?
Morton aren't a captive audience though, there's far too many other forms of entertainment available for the onus not to be on the club to get this sorted. Considering the only change they actually need are pound coins it shouldn't be a massive problem for them.
To be fair though, after years of "we're listening", the club have acted on a lot of things in recent times so hopefully it's something that will be addressed.

Would I be correct in saying that our Finance Director read about something similar on here recently and contacted the person concerned and got it sorted for them?
Posted Image

#434 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Without sounding like a happy clapper, it's not that difficult for people to turn up with the right money either.

What they could do is have a 'correct change' turnstile, that would create change for the other turnstiles.

You go in the groomer and gimp gate?

#435 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15664 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Would I be correct in saying that our Finance Director read about something similar on here recently and contacted the person concerned and got it sorted for them?

Nick messaged me offering me a refund when I was overcharged at the start of the season. Obviously told him I didn't want a refund and was merely highlighting the issue.

#436 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13556 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

You go in the groomer and gimp gate?

That was quite funny for you Bob, for a change.  :)

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#437 TRVMP

TRVMP

Gavin Gunning for the Supreme Court

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19714 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

That gate probably exists at some clubs (St. Pauli, Dulwich Hamlet)

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#438 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

That gate probably exists at some clubs (St. Pauli, Dulwich Hamlet)

Whitehawk, Brighton & Hove Albion, Partick, Hearts, Hibs, FC United of Manchester etc.
Posted Image

#439 TRVMP

TRVMP

Gavin Gunning for the Supreme Court

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19714 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:00 PM

Portland Timbers

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#440 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5820 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Sheffield United :D
Posted Image

#441 jimbobton

jimbobton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Sheffield United :D

Surely their highlights have been uploaded by now?

#442 Jamie_M

Jamie_M

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2401 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

Surely their highlights have been uploaded by now?

Surely you could have checked their website rather than bumping this thread for nothing?

#443 jimbobton

jimbobton

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1663 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:30 PM

Surely you could have checked their website rather than bumping this thread for nothing?

Yup. Checked. Nuttin but thanks for the advice

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users