21 replies to this topic

#1 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

I finally met LinwoodTon yesterday at half time and fair play to him for having the balls to front up. As of now I'm done with it all. No more slagging, no more bitching and no more petty point scoring. I've told Gordon id ask the clique to cease with digs at him and Ernie and the flip side is the blog will stop immediately in return. Whether or not everyone accepts to move on or not is outwith my hands now but it's been 8 years and I've had enough. I'm out.
"AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TO GRIMSBY"

#2 HamCam

HamCam

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3054 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:09 AM

Common sense at last. This place will be all the better for it.

#3 TonInDublin

TonInDublin

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6892 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

Common sense prevails. Im up for that. Long overdue
Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

#4 TRVMP

TRVMP

Your favorite president (me)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21125 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:28 PM

October 28th - armistice day.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

#5 LinwoodTON

LinwoodTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14229 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

I finally met LinwoodTon yesterday at half time and fair play to him for having the balls to front up. As of now I'm done with it all. No more slagging, no more bitching and no more petty point scoring. I've told Gordon id ask the clique to cease with digs at him and Ernie and the flip side is the blog will stop immediately in return. Whether or not everyone accepts to move on or not is outwith my hands now but it's been 8 years and I've had enough. I'm out.

Fair play to you for having the baws to show up too.  :P

Seriously though, I echo what you say, enough is enough.

I'm most certainly out too and if there are no more digs, those people won't be blogged. If the digs continue, they'll just be talking to themselves. I won't be replying.

It's time to get back to talking about Morton and having a laugh.

"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"

#6 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:38 PM

Fair play to you for having the baws to show up too.  :P

Seriously though, I echo what you say, enough is enough.

I'm most certainly out too and if there are no more digs, those people won't be blogged. If the digs continue, they'll just be talking to themselves. I won't be replying.

It's time to get back to talking about Morton and having a laugh.

Early responses aren't favourable I'm afraid but I'll let others have their say. Tbh I can't blame some.

#7 TONofmemories

TONofmemories

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4430 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Well, this is cute 😍😍😍😍

TIME FOR CHANGE!

#8 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

A wee word to the wise re. LinwoodTon.

I said in PMs to LT around 18 months ago that I wouldn't give him a hard time on here and politely warned him against trawling through Facebook etc. For Family photos, but he never stuck to his word.

This was all before I even got 'blogged' about by Ernie.

Youre free to make up your own mind about things, but I certainly wouldn't trust him again.
Posted Image

#9 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

A wee word to the wise re. LinwoodTon.
I said in PMs to LT around 18 months ago that I wouldn't give him a hard time on here and politely warned him against trawling through Facebook etc. For Family photos, but he never stuck to his word.
This was all before I even got 'blogged' about by Ernie.
Youre free to make up your own mind about things, but I certainly wouldn't trust him again.

I knew I'd get s*** flung at me for doing this but so be it. It's up to the rest of you how you go on from here.

#10 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

One thing I'd ask you to bare in mind is the impact this has had on the likes of Nick too. The discontinuation of the blog will be a relief for him too.

#11 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:43 PM

I knew I'd get s*** flung at me for doing this but so be it. It's up to the rest of you how you go on from here.

No s*** will be flung at you from my direction Bob, in fact your actions are very commendable.

One thing I'd ask you to bare in mind is the impact this has had on the likes of Nick too. The discontinuation of the blog will be a relief for him too.

Ah, will 'the blog' and it's contents be deleted in its entirety? Before any truce is agreed upon, that needs to be done.
Posted Image

#12 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

No s*** will be flung at you from my direction Bob, in fact your actions are very commendable.

Ah, will 'the blog' and it's contents be deleted in its entirety? Before any truce is agreed upon, that needs to be done.

That wasn't actually clarified.

#13 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

No s*** will be flung at you from my direction Bob, in fact your actions are very commendable

Already been a couple of snidey comments. As I said though, not unexpected.

#14 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

That wasn't actually clarified.

I think that needs to be done, for closure sake if nothing else. Ernie Newall's blog to be deleted permanently needs to be part of any agreement. Not only will it bring about relief to Nick Robinson, who has suffered a really nasty sustained campaign, it will also help Jim Gallacher move on with his life too and put a big part of this sorry episode behind him.
Posted Image

#15 LargsTON

LargsTON

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16439 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:30 PM

I think that needs to be done, for closure sake if nothing else. Ernie Newall's blog to be deleted permanently needs to be part of any agreement. Not only will it bring about relief to Nick Robinson, who has suffered a really nasty sustained campaign, it will also help Jim Gallacher move on with his life too and put a big part of this sorry episode behind him.

Agreed. Over to you LinwoodTon.

#16 TaunTon

TaunTon

Luckless pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7656 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

Glad that you and Gordon met and cleared the air. Can't speak for others but I won't be commenting on any future Stars related nonsense in future.

#17 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

mic6000.jpg

6002.jpg?itok=7o2FUXNN

:bouncy: :lol: :P :bouncy: :thumbup2:

Edit to add:

source.gif

yellow_big_grin_smiley_face_classic_roun

That's all folks!!

Edited by capitanus, 29 October 2017 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Toby

Toby

People's Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:10 PM

Now I'm off the naughty step...

Nobody's flinging any sh*t at you, you're entitled to do what you think's right, and we'll respect it, even if we disagree.

With all due respect to Nick, that isn't a good reason for a ceasefire. A good reason for them to stop their campaign against him would be that it's absolutely abhorrent behaviour and that he's undeserving of this despicable campaign of hate. Not because we might be prepared to give Gordon and his groomer a bit of an easier time of it in response.

Already been a couple of snidey comments. As I said though, not unexpected.

There certainly haven't been any snide comments about yourself that I've seen, either on here, or elsewhere. If there's anything about that pair, it's completely justified.

Unless the mods on here allow that jakey old tramp to post on here again, that won't happen. We constantly see cretins like cornbeef going on about how this place isn't as good as it once was, and Colkitto complaining on P&B about us when we had the temerity to question him.

If there's one thing that would absolutely destroy this forum, it would be Newall's return. And if he isn't allowed to return, that blog is his only means of communication with the rest of the forum. He craves attention- there's no way he'll give that up.

Incidentally, a few of us popped into Chaplin's for a pint before getting the train to the game on Saturday to find Gallagher serving behind the bar. That's an establishment that won't be getting my custom for the foreseeable future.

Show Grasses The Red Dot.

#19 Ed de Ball

Ed de Ball

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1136 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

Now I'm off the naughty step...

Nobody's flinging any sh*t at you, you're entitled to do what you think's right, and we'll respect it, even if we disagree.

With all due respect to Nick, that isn't a good reason for a ceasefire. A good reason for them to stop their campaign against him would be that it's absolutely abhorrent behaviour and that he's undeserving of this despicable campaign of hate. Not because we might be prepared to give Gordon and his groomer a bit of an easier time of it in response.

There certainly haven't been any snide comments about yourself that I've seen, either on here, or elsewhere. If there's anything about that pair, it's completely justified.

Unless the mods on here allow that jakey old tramp to post on here again, that won't happen. We constantly see cretins like cornbeef going on about how this place isn't as good as it once was, and Colkitto complaining on P&B about us when we had the temerity to question him.

If there's one thing that would absolutely destroy this forum, it would be Newall's return. And if he isn't allowed to return, that blog is his only means of communication with the rest of the forum. He craves attention- there's no way he'll give that up.

Incidentally, a few of us popped into Chaplin's for a pint before getting the train to the game on Saturday to find Gallagher serving behind the bar. That's an establishment that won't be getting my custom for the foreseeable future.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Pot kettle.

#20 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Pot kettle.

RD, DH.
Posted Image

#21 9 Strathblane Crescent

9 Strathblane Crescent

GMFC Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

Couldn't agree more.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

#22 capitanus

capitanus

POINTING AND LAUGHING

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6606 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:29 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Good for you.

The creepy old deviant with the blog is convinced that he knows your identity. Do us all a favour, say something to really piss him off and give us all some entertainment.

It's really boring on here recently.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users